Home

PETITION FOR EA: NO MORE GIMMICKS

This is a discussion on PETITION FOR EA: NO MORE GIMMICKS within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
PETITION FOR EA: NO MORE GIMMICKS

If you agree, please co-sign this thread and hopefully if it gets big enough it will attract the attention it needs to fix on-going problems.
__________________________________________________ ____

EA,

We The People; your loyal and faithful customers for over a decade have had enough. We were faithful during those early years when the game was still being developed. We've been along for the ride as the game has progressed to the next generation of gaming consoles

You've had some great ideas, such as Online Dynasty, giving the user the ability to make a catch, strip or pick, formational subs or customize their playbooks. Following your players as they set and break records and then exporting classes for Madden has so much potential for fun too as you can see your college players in the professional career.

However...now you've taken away so much from us...your customers. How could you do this to us? How could you take away the formational subs? The customized playbooks? The end zone art, presentation, celebrations and player equipment options? Why EA? Why would you do this to us?

EA...you didn't stop there. You decided to force feed us useless gimmicks in the gameplay rather than focus on adjusting the actual player interaction on the field.

Not only did you introduce "Jump the Snap" you have kept it despite overwhelming protest from your customers. You not only ignored the protest but you've introduced new ones. You have now gone even further and introduced pre-snap "Commit". You have turned our only choice for a college football into an arcade game. You've given 170 lb cornerbacks the ability to shed offensive lineman like an NFL defensive lineman. You killed the online running game. Any game that can stuff a power running game out of Dime is NOT a representation of real football.

All we ask are four simple things. First, make us, your customers, a game that represents as closely as possible the game in real life. Give us a game where lineman actually block. Give us a game where defensive pass rusher can beat an offensive lineman because they are better. Give us a game where you can't be getting tackled by three players and pitch the ball perfectly 10 yards to the RB on an option play. Give us a game where defensive players actually can contain the QB while pass rushing. MAKE THE RATINGS MATTER!

Second, give us back the life of the game. Give us the ability to customize our playbooks, formations and player's equipment. We don't want everyone wearing white sleeves. Give us some excitement on the field. You should have that "feeling" of a big game when you're playing in a conference championship game.

Third, TEST YOUR PRODUCT! Enough with releasing these games with various problems. WE ARE NOT YOUR GUINEA PIGS! We are not your lab rats. We are your customers and considering there are no other choices to buy for college football we expect a high quality game. We aren't paying you to test the game, we're paying you to play it.

Finally EA...listen to us. We aren't just making stuff up. When we tell you it's a big deal for us to have the "Player's Leaving Early" glitch fixed...we really mean it. We don't mean fix it next year. We mean fix it NOW. We don't want you to tell us "It's not that big of a deal". We determine what is a big deal, not you. When we tell you that we need working sliders we don't expect it to take two seasons and a couple patches to make them effective. If we tell you that player progression is out control we really mean it! We are not unreasonable. We don't spend the hours playing the game, chatting on the message board and setting up dynasties because we hate game. No...we like it and want to see it get better and better. Adam has been great providing feedback, but he is only one man. I'm sure he feels caught in the middle quite often.

Thank you EA for taking time to listen to your customers.

Last edited by AbsoluteFury; 08-26-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
Rookie

GrayFolded's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PETITION FOR EA: NO MORE GIMMICKS

I'm 100% with ya but i know for a fact that EA does not care what Sim Gamers think about the NCAA series......This has been going on since 2006....Every year they don't fix the obvious issues and concentrate on fluffy gimmicks that only 10 year olds care about....

The NCAA Game Engine for PS3/360 is broken and need to be rehauled from the ground up....

NCAA is made for Casual Gamers that want to play their friends on 3min Exhibition Quarters not Sim Gamers that want realistic Football....Casual Gamers could care less about Progression in Dynasty, Fatigue or Blocking Issues......All of my friends fall into that category, they never adjust sliders and all of them think this is the greatest game ever made.....

I have owned every single EA CFB Game since Bill Walsh and have never played another Human ever...I'm a Sim Dynasty Stat Nerd that wants the game to somewhat reflect reality not an ARCADE FOOTBALL GAME WITH GIMMICKS AND FLASHY GRAPHICS....

This is what we get when EA has no competiton.....They know we have no where else to turn to play CFB....

EA is only cares about Launch Date Deadlines and Sales Figures..

Last edited by GrayFolded; 08-26-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I'll sign it. But it isn't going to help.

Apparantly EA doesn't think that realistic gameplay is a good enough of a feature. They have to Gimmicize it.

I guess they don't want to look at The Show as their model. Not only does that game preach realism and has good sales numbers. Numerous people such as myself have bought PS3's just to play that 1 game.

Imagine the back of the box with a list of features:
-Gameday Analysis
-Unprecedented Presentation and Atmosphere
-Unprecedented Pool of recruits with accurate attributes
-Revolutionary Sim Engine deisgned in association with Front Office Football:The College Years.
-College Coaches Association Real College Coaches walking the sidelines
-Players play to their real abilities.
-Real College Playbooks with top notch AI decision making(Meaning AI will know when to scramble and when to pitch the ball)
-NCAA 2011, let the chess match begin.

It doesn't have to have gimmicks. The gameplay is close now they just have to strip the gimmicks and add some core concepts to the off the field items.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:42 PM   #4
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I agree, but there will always be gimmicks. They need something to sell to the masses.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
Rookie

GrayFolded's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage

Imagine the back of the box with a list of features:
-Gameday Analysis
-Unprecedented Presentation and Atmosphere
-Unprecedented Pool of recruits with accurate attributes
-Revolutionary Sim Engine deisgned in association with Front Office Football:The College Years.
-College Coaches Association Real College Coaches walking the sidelines
-Players play to their real abilities.
-Real College Playbooks with top notch AI decision making(Meaning AI will know when to scramble and when to pitch the ball)
-NCAA 2011, let the chess match begin.
I wish you were a Dev......Smartest thing I have read all day...

I love this:
"Revolutionary Sim Engine deisgned in association with Front Office Football:The College Years."

^IF THEY DID THAT IT WOULD BE GAME OF THE CENTURY!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Best intentions, but it'll never happen.

EA's game franchises are controlled by the marketing department. The only way they can recycle the game every year and sell a million copies is by slapping gimmicky features on the back of the box.

If the developers could, I'm sure they stuff all the bullsh!t features and focus on gameplay, but it's not up to them.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #7
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
Best intentions, but it'll never happen.

EA's game franchises are controlled by the marketing department. The only way they can recycle the game every year and sell a million copies is by slapping gimmicky features on the back of the box.

If the developers could, I'm sure they stuff all the bullsh!t features and focus on gameplay, but it's not up to them.
The sad thing is that Gimmicks have become almost the entire feature list we see each year.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I'd sign this and put about 50 fake names on it, because it's what all of us are asking for. Even people at the xbox forums are complaining, and they think Yaris is a good arcade game...
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »