Home

Any way to get Madden to play like NCAA?

This is a discussion on Any way to get Madden to play like NCAA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Any way to get Madden to play like NCAA?

I have played both demos, and really prefer the gameplay of NCAA 10 to that of madden (although I am a HUGE nfl fan and not a college fan). NCAA just feels more natural to me this year...

Does anyone have sliders or suggestions to get the gameplay similar to that of NCAA?

If not, I might just buy NCAA and play it although I would strongly prefer to play with a 16 game schedule and playoffs, etc....

Thanks in advance!
Mark
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Any way to get Madden to play like NCAA?

Nah, you need to buy NCAA to play a game like that sorry.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Why would you wanna do that? NCAA is terrible! Whats natural about zipping all over the field like waterbugs? Or having QB's take a nap in the pocket?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Eating popcorn; doo too doo, whistling....
Old 08-31-2009, 10:40 PM   #5
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe

Why would you wanna do that? NCAA is terrible! Whats natural about zipping all over the field like waterbugs? Or having QB's take a nap in the pocket?
actually, NCAA is miles ahead of Madden in terms of actually feeling like a football game. if madden fixes the blocking, then that might change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 11:05 PM   #6
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDIrish98
actually, NCAA is miles ahead of Madden in terms of actually feeling like a football game. if madden fixes the blocking, then that might change.
I like ncaa 10 they have what madden is missing, a pass rush. I like the gameplan feature.
One thing I notice in game play is that you can get pressure from the right defensive end and if the coverage is good the quarterback takes a sack, if they can get this back into madden then I will be happy, I still play madden but sacking the quarterback is a hit and miss deal.
I do not want them too put the full gameplay because there is a big difference between the pro and college, but I feel that both games are starting to move in a good direction, just need some more tweaks.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:44 PM   #7
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe

Because Madden puts a lot of people to sleep. Madden's game play is god awful. No flow to the game and is just horrible. I literally almost fell asleep after playing only a few games.
I was so so pumped to get Madden that I couldnt even wait for it to come threw gamefly so I bought. Regret that decision and it was a HUGE let down with how boring it is.
Some people just prefer NCAA.
I would jsut get NCAA if I were you. Been playing a lot of awesome games with just a couple adjustments. Never got to do that in Madden and you wont fall asleep playing NCAA.

Last edited by DOSMedia4SC; 08-31-2009 at 11:45 PM. Reason: j
Old 08-31-2009, 11:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

You can buy NCAA and then download created NFL teams people have made thru Teambuilder. You'll have to pay for the extra slots to get all 32 teams if you're really hardcore about it. You're gonna miss out on the NFL playoff structure but you can add teams to the bigger conferences. Just an idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »