Home

Substitutions during the game...how?

This is a discussion on Substitutions during the game...how? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2009, 03:17 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 11
Substitutions during the game...how?

I was just playing regular season game 1 of the Bears Franchise, vs. The Packers. I was up 14-10 at half time.

I received the kick to start the 3rd Q. Hester didn't return the kick, someone else did. On the first play I notice Hester is not in the play. I check the depth chart, he's 3rd, but suddenly he's not playing.

I tried to find a way to Sub him in, but there's no screen for that.

I punt, hold them to 3 and out, and then on my next possession Forte isn't in the play. Jones, the backup is in the game. I looked at the injury report - no injuries. I checked the depth chart, Forte still 1 on the chart. But he's one. I tried making Forte #1 on the FB position, but that does nothing.

So now I'm playing without Forte and without Hester. I drive for two first downs but have to punt. I pin him at the 1 yard line, sack him in the endzone (it appears) but he gets to punt. On the return my backup returned fumbles.

No big deal, I'll hold him again. Now Harris isn't in the game. He's still #1 on the depth chart but he's not in the game, and again I search around but can find no way to replace him.

I hold him, he punts. Now Cutler isn't in the game, even though he's #1 on the depth chart. The next pass is an INT (with Haney) and they take the 17-14 lead.

Is there a way to sub in players during a game?

Is it common for people to disappear during a game?

WTH Madden - now my first game was ruined and I have to start it again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 03:41 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Substitutions during the game...how?

i havent had this happen, but i think i read on here that it has something to do with fatigue. maybe its a glitch...dunno.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:55 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

i would like to know this too, i'm sick of having my recievers disappear at the start of every 3rd quarter.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:15 AM   #4
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

What are your sub-in/out settings at?

That's one setting I've left at default and I've never had this disappearing player issue.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #5
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

Still even if it's a fatigue issue they should return soon I mean how much time does a pro athlete need to rest, a couple of plays or so is all I would think. I would check your settings.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »