Home

Question about running the ball

This is a discussion on Question about running the ball within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Question about running the ball

My problem is my runningback does a side juke right when I hand the ball off. So with that animation I get alot of carries for losses. Am I doing and anything wrong or anyway to avoid this? I think I have a habit of hitting speed burst as soon as I get the handoff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Question about running the ball

Try running the power-o play. I find it to be the most successful run play. Make sure you lay off turbo and run between the tight end and the o linman and it will usually get you 4 yards.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:51 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

yea that animation is annoying. Don't know how to avoid it though. I think i am very good at running. I use the falcons on default all pro. I always get ova 100 yards rushing. The most ive got was 330 lol. Every game i break a big one. Keep on running to the one side whichever one has your strongest OLine. Look before the play where you think a gap might open and run for that. For me it is now too easy running the ball. 1/3 plays is over 10 yards. I have even had big games online and i was good at running on 09.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

lol this is why i perfer power back, they might not get open that often to get you that touch down for 50+ yard, but you damn right can bet that 80 percent of time your going to get positive yardage.

95 percent of the time if you just run it up the middle.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:43 AM   #5
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

If you are using a speed back, tosses are money. You are bound to break a big one if you keep at it and follow your blocks.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »