Home

GR18 2K10 ROSTER/FRANCHISE UPDATE(XBOX)9/9

This is a discussion on GR18 2K10 ROSTER/FRANCHISE UPDATE(XBOX)9/9 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
GR18 2K10 ROSTER/FRANCHISE UPDATE(XBOX)9/9

This is the roster/franchise updated to start the season with.It should give you a very good representation of each team to start the new season.

Players on the PUP list are still on their respective teams since they can play again after week 6.

Marcus Trufant,Samari Rolle and James Hardy are put back on the depth charts to represent this.Just adjust when you want.

Players suspended(Marshawn Lynch,Calvin Pace,etc.) are still listed as starting and Walter Jones and Bob Sanders both could miss a few games but are listed as starting as well.Again,just adjust the depth charts as you see fit.

I also put Crabtree at the back of the Niners depth chart because he may someday actually want to sign a contract and play.This makes them the only team with 54 players.

The only players I really left off were some of the long snappers.My reasoning for this is that if they don't really play a specific position as well you wouldn't either know where to place them or wouldn't want them to be forced to play that position.It would be nice to see importance in a future videogame where you 'd see a botched snap though.

I'm posting this in my main thread as well but don't want confusion as to which files are the current ones.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_GR2K10RSV4.zip (286.1 KB, 442 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_GR2K10FRV4.zip (296.8 KB, 287 views)

Last edited by gr18; 09-09-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #2
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: GR18 2K10 ROSTER/FRANCHISE UPDATE(XBOX)9/9

Woohoo! Just in time for the real season. Thanks a lot man, I loved your 7/20 roster/franchise.

I was wondering something. Did you do any ratings changes in this update compared to the 7/20 version? What I mean, a while back you had mentioned doing something different, making some significant changes to your ratings. It's been a while, so I cannot recall what was even being talked about, I just remember you were thinking about doing something different.

So did you or not? If you did make some sort of change on how you rated players' attributes, could you give a brief summary on what you changed, why, and what it did to gameplay.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
Woohoo! Just in time for the real season. Thanks a lot man, I loved your 7/20 roster/franchise.

I was wondering something. Did you do any ratings changes in this update compared to the 7/20 version? What I mean, a while back you had mentioned doing something different, making some significant changes to your ratings. It's been a while, so I cannot recall what was even being talked about, I just remember you were thinking about doing something different.

So did you or not? If you did make some sort of change on how you rated players' attributes, could you give a brief summary on what you changed, why, and what it did to gameplay.
I've been so into player creation that I've had very little time to play and experiment.The one thing I did do was lower linebackers coverage by 5-10.I offset this rating by boosting consistency a little.The linebackers coverage being lowered has made the computer's short passing game a little more effective IMO.

I certainly didn't want to do anything drastic.Most players are the same and only a small amount were changed slightly.I didn't want to put too much stock in pre-season.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:35 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 13

Downloading right now. Looking forward to play a couple of franchise games tonight!

Thanks gr18!
Old 09-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #5
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Sounds good GR18. Back when you mentioned doing some changes I had mentioned that I hoped you didn't doing anything too drastic as I really like how it plays now. Lowering linebacker coverage does sound like a really good idea though, cause as you mentioned, the CPU short yardage passing wasn't all that, so I think that could be a great thing in this latest version.

With the CPU's short passing game more effective now, does this actually make them attempt more short passes? That would be awesome. I think that would be the case, as the A.I seems to be programmed fairly well to where during a game they will stick to things that are working and shy away from things that aren't.

Anyway, going to download this and hopefully give it a try tonight when I get home. First I need to work on a schedule I promised withoutauthority22 so he can finish one of his projects.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #6
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
Sounds good GR18. Back when you mentioned doing some changes I had mentioned that I hoped you didn't doing anything too drastic as I really like how it plays now. Lowering linebacker coverage does sound like a really good idea though, cause as you mentioned, the CPU short yardage passing wasn't all that, so I think that could be a great thing in this latest version.

With the CPU's short passing game more effective now, does this actually make them attempt more short passes? That would be awesome. I think that would be the case, as the A.I seems to be programmed fairly well to where during a game they will stick to things that are working and shy away from things that aren't.

Anyway, going to download this and hopefully give it a try tonight when I get home. First I need to work on a schedule I promised withoutauthority22 so he can finish one of his projects.
In Franchise under coaches gameplan,I tweaked all the sliders to better represent each team.If you tweak the run/pass slider more towards run you'll see the teams that should be running alot(49ers,Raiders,etc.) run a good bit more.In the middle the teams like the Saints will still typically pass more.

There is also the short/long pass slider that I put more towards short for every team.How much this helps I don't know.

I took the Steelers against the Titans and won 27-24 in O.T.Kerry Collins was 20-31,268 yrds,2 td's-1 int.The int. came in O.T. but their passing game kept me worried enough because I didn't want Chris Johnson to run all over me.They had around a 60-some yard pass for a td so if you take that away they didn't get many big gains.

Last edited by gr18; 09-09-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #7
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

Awesome! Gonna give these a try tonight. thanks.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:16 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

All your hard work is much appreciated. Thanks once again GR18.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »