Home

Bills' Donte Whitner Robbed

This is a discussion on Bills' Donte Whitner Robbed within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30
Bills' Donte Whitner Robbed

I apologize if this has already been posted in the Bills/Bucs thread but...
TWO TIMES IN TWO WEEKS? The idiots that live among us in Buffalo are slowly making the city and team more of a laughingstock than it has to be! What an abomination, Buffalo. Keep this up and TO may just be the last big name that ever signs with us in free agency.

Source: http://www.wgr550.com/Jewelry-taken-...-home-/5264618

Quote:
Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550) -- Someone has stolen $400,000 worth of jewelry from Donte Whitner's home. Hamburg Police are investigating the incident and calling it a larceny. Whitner would not say if the incident happened during the game and it may not have. Hamburg Police are indicating it may have happened after the game. Whitner's handler, Patricia Horton confirmed to WGR Sports Radio 550 the amount of the larceny. Whitner said, "I can't really say too much, there is an investigation I can say that. It has taken place, it's very early in the stages, but no one was harmed and there was some things taken, but that's all I can say now." The safety added, "I think it's two isolated incidents, I wouldn't say it was fans or anything, I wouldn't want to point any fingers, but the fact of the matter is something happened."
No, I am not in a position to knock the guy for the amount of jewelry he owned (I'll leave that to someone else that likes to kick people when they're down). But this story is simply ridiculous for a city that is still recovering from the utter lack of respect two idiot kids showed McKelvin last week.

Last edited by CarryTheWeight; 09-21-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Bills' Donte Whitner Robbed

Man that sucks.

If Whitner wants to spend $1,000,000 on jewelry he's well within his right. The person robbing him...is not.

Hope they find the person. I despise thieves. All that time and energy spent concocting a theft, when they could've put it towards finding a job and making an honest living. Losers.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Maybe Bills players should just move to Downtown Toronto. Hell, we got more condos here then you can shake a stick at.

Seriously though WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-21-2009, 10:29 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

Robbing athletes seems like it would be easy. You pretty much know when they aren't going to be home for an extended period of time.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Maybe Bills players should just move to Downtown Toronto. Hell, we got more condos here then you can shake a stick at.

Seriously though WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!
TRUE DAT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 02:17 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 31

I don't get jewelry buying and I have no problem in saying I think it is stupid and I have no problem not feeling much sympathy about this robbery.

The invasion is sad and scary what they took is meaningless.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
I don't get jewelry buying and I have no problem in saying I think it is stupid and I have no problem not feeling much sympathy about this robbery.

The invasion is sad and scary what they took is meaningless.

Ok, I usually don't engage in these types of discussions because of responses like this but I am truly curious now. I'm not trying to be smart, but what exactly is the difference here. I mean sure it may not be something you would purchase, but then why does that make it okay to be stolen. I'm not a big fan of oversized homes and luxury cars either, but its still a violation of someone's property.

This reminds me of a story a couple a years ago when a Charlotte Bobcat player was robbed of jewelry and a reporter in the paper pretty much mocked the situation as if he brought it upon himself. I don't care if a person is robbed for a pair of used boxer shorts, they were still robbed. A person works for their money and they should enjoy life as they see fit(legally of course), that shouldn't be held against them when they are the victim of a crime. This reminds of the position of a girl getting raped cause she was out drunk and scantily clad and people say "what was she doing out so late?"
Old 09-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullSail
This reminds of the position of a girl getting raped cause she was out drunk and scantily clad and people say "what was she doing out so late?"
That is not even close to being a fair comparison. Rape is a violent crime. Robbing someone's house when you know that nobody is there is not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »