Home

Is this an EA Sports owned board (Constant Thread Locking)

This is a discussion on Is this an EA Sports owned board (Constant Thread Locking) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 12:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Is this an EA Sports owned board (Constant Thread Locking)

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely asking. It seems that when there's threads here to bash the game or show displeasure they get locked by trigger happy moderators pretty quickly. Just trying to get clarification for my own future posts...

Is this a Madden fan board to discuss the fun things about the game, or a Madden board to discuss the game?

And if it's a matter of "repetitive content" for the locking, I'd just suggest to mods to maybe lay off a bit for the sake of conversation. I just started using these boards and nothing is more frustrating than being mid-conversation only to have it locked.

Thanks... any info would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 12:49 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Is this an EA Sports owned board (Constant Thread Locking)

Amen, I just asked why they closed the thread showing video proof on whats happening with this game.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:49 AM   #3
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

yeah this once is getting locked, "repetitive content" clutter the boards, that's why it gets locked
Old 09-24-2009, 12:52 AM   #4
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Threads wouldn't get locked if the posts were posted in the stickied thread they belong in, or if there weren't 32 threads asking the exact same thing when all they have to do is look in one of the other threads. It takes 2 seconds to search for threads with the word patch in the title, yet there are still dozens of patch threads posted every day, especially today.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:52 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

constructive criticism is allowed. give reason behind the bash like an adult.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 12:53 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

But that seems like poor logic to me. I mean, have they never seen another board on the internet??? People don't always go to sticky threads... it's just a fact of life. There system makes it almost unusable. And as long as theres conversation in it thats on topic, why delete it? And if it's boring and no one cares, it'll fade out on its own.

Just weird, that's all.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:54 AM   #7
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnel
I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely asking. It seems that when there's threads here to bash the game or show displeasure they get locked by trigger happy moderators pretty quickly. Just trying to get clarification for my own future posts...

Is this a Madden fan board to discuss the fun things about the game, or a Madden board to discuss the game?

And if it's a matter of "repetitive content" for the locking, I'd just suggest to mods to maybe lay off a bit for the sake of conversation. I just started using these boards and nothing is more frustrating than being mid-conversation only to have it locked.

OS doesn't allow bashing of ANY game, regardless of the developer. There is a right way and a wrong way to present criticism and usually people do it the wrong way out of anger or frustration (understandable to a degree, but no more appropriate or within the TOS).

There is extra sensitivity in the Madden forums to an extent simply because certain people troll it more to complain about the exclusive license...so the mods tend to be less tolerant as they have a history of where it usually leads.

As for repetitive threads, it's simply to avoid clutter. You see countless questions being repeated simply because those threads get pushed to the back so people can post each individual gripe in their own thread. It's about avoiding clutter.

It's a forum to discuss Madden maturely and help people with the game...not a place simply to vent as some do. There is a thread dedicated to such gripes people feel particularly vehement about.

Also, if you are genuinely curious as to why the mods do what they do, it's usually better to PM them rather than create another thread for it that will get locked too. Or at least post it in "Steve's forum" if that's not working.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:55 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnel

are you joking?? Seems like most of what goes on here is whining and complaining about the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »