Home

QB in Wildcat??

This is a discussion on QB in Wildcat?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
QB in Wildcat??

Is there any way of having a mobile qb run the wildcat in this game? I have an online dynasty going and I just drafted a mobile qb who I would like to plug in as the person who receives the snap in my wildcat formation. As it stands right now I can not move this guy into that spot because it is designated for a HB only. I understand EA wanted to cut down on the cheesing online,but I want to utilize my talent in the spots I want.

Anyone have any idea as to how I can make this change? I'd even be willing to change his position to HB but online dynasty doesn't allow for this. Very disappointing if I can't make this change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: QB in Wildcat??

the dolphins playbook has a wildcat package for qb and qb2...but changing playbooks just for this one formation probably isnt practical.

can qb's be subbed in for any position? WR maybe? you can see if there is a package to have the wr take the snap, and manually sub the qb in for the receiver...but i dont think there is any position you can sub a qb in other than qb. so i guess if your teams fomation doesnt have that package, you are screwed.

frustrating. let us sub anyone anywhere please. and let the wildcat qb run. i dont have an issue if they want to remove the sprint button from the wildcat qb, but at least make him do a running animation rather than an in the pocket shuffle. any wildcat pass, the rb/qb/whoever is typically throwing on the run, not standing in the pocket shuffling around.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
Rookie

Mattinglyfan's Arena

OVR: 4

Just hit the right stick until QB or QB2 shows up in package audibles. I use Pat White in my wildcat without doing positions subs just by formation subbing.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattinglyfan
Just hit the right stick until QB or QB2 shows up in package audibles. I use Pat White in my wildcat without doing positions subs just by formation subbing.
exactly what i do with my dolphins. mainly use pat white QB2 formation sub. but i also use ricky williams hb2 or default ronnie brown.

i also use the few wildcat plays in cincys playbook when im playing my cincy franchise. however in that playbook, i dont think u can formation sub the QB2 in. its def playbook specific whether u can use the RS to find a QB2 sub option or not. in the bengals franchise, i use bernard scott hb2.

i believe using the eagles playbook, i had probs trying to RS formation sub vick in....for some reason im thinking it wasnt an option out of formation subs
Old 10-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
exactly what i do with my dolphins. mainly use pat white QB2 formation sub. but i also use ricky williams hb2 or default ronnie brown.

i also use the few wildcat plays in cincys playbook when im playing my cincy franchise. however in that playbook, i dont think u can formation sub the QB2 in. its def playbook specific whether u can use the RS to find a QB2 sub option or not. in the bengals franchise, i use bernard scott hb2.

i believe using the eagles playbook, i had probs trying to RS formation sub vick in....for some reason im thinking it wasnt an option out of formation subs
I think the only wildcat plays that can sub in QB 2 are in the Dolphins, Browns and Raiders playbooks. There's one left that i haven't tried that has a wildcat formation and thats the falcons playbook.

also, the Titans don't have any wildcat, but they have QB read option aka QB choice plays in some of there shotgun formations.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »