Home

NBA2K10 Playbooks Thread....

This is a discussion on NBA2K10 Playbooks Thread.... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
NBA2K10 Playbooks Thread....

I figured this thread would be a good idea for those of us who like tweaking the playbooks. I have made some nice changes to the Bobcats playbooks and have them playing fairly realistically. I will post some of them later. Feel free to share whatever changes you have made however.

Rocky's Playbooks:
Sixers/Bobcats/Cavs/Celtics
Clippers/Bulls/Hawks/Heat
Grizzlies/Hornets/Jazz/Lakers
Magic/Mavericks/Nets
Nuggets/Pacers
Pistons
Raptors
Rockets/Spurs
Suns
Thunder/T'Wolves
Blazers
Wizards
Kings

Kruza's playbooks:
Bobcats
Bucks
Kings
Knicks
Magic
Mavericks
Warriors
Wizards

Don't think many people caught this:

I've realized that you can make all these changes without restarting your franchise in just three easy steps.

1. Start you Association game and go to "Choose Side".
2. Choose the opposing teams side and make modifications to their playbooks and the coach's profile.
3. Go back to your side and I'm nearly 100% sure that the changes you made will stick.

In case you don't want to start you Association over.

"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa

Last edited by eDotd; 03-25-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
Rookie

Brooder's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA2K10 Playbooks Thread....

Well I have to have the Flex 1 backdoor cut its a very easy two points. Im not too much of a fan of a lot of the isolations though, a lot just dont seem to work. If im going a team with a point guard that can shoot threes then Triangle 6 wing three is a must for me
Old 10-21-2009, 02:10 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

As far as I can tell, you can't change which plays the CPU use... is that what the OP was talking about, or did you mean you were using Charlotte?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:54 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

I used to tweak playbooks in 2k9 though i haven't started yet with 2k10
MLB New York Yankees

PSN: Neutral242
Old 10-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I forgot what the play is called. But I think its Top of key...something...I only remember the buttons to press to get to it. Its in the SG section. The play is Sqaure. Its a look play. But I like to use it for my SF. Paul Peirce, LeBron, Durant. The SF comes off of screens and catches the ball at the top of the key. But usually I can get a good jumper out that. Or isolate from right there...at the end of quarters. I have a few more plays I like...I'll get to later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 12:20 AM   #6
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
As far as I can tell, you can't change which plays the CPU use... is that what the OP was talking about, or did you mean you were using Charlotte?
I was talking about both and actually you can change what plays the CPU use. Just go to the playbooks section in rosters, select a play from the teams playbook and press A. You can replace the play with a number of different plays.

I just finished the playbooks for half of the teams in the league. I gave the Spurs some more high post plays for the PF (which I put Duncan at) and a host of different changes.

I should be finished with all the teams some time tommorrow.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 10-22-2009, 12:33 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

You can change the teams' playbooks, but I'm halfway sure they'll run the same plays.

How sure are you that the CPU will run whichever plays you select?
Old 10-22-2009, 12:38 AM   #8
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
You can change the teams' playbooks, but I'm halfway sure they'll run the same plays.

How sure are you that the CPU will run whichever plays you select?
I mean, you can't choose what plays the CPU will run every time down court. However, if you change a team's playbook to nothing but iso's, the CPU will run nothing but iso's (with the Run Plays slider at 70+). I've already tried it.
-Rocky Balboa

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »