Home

Getting Fired

This is a discussion on Getting Fired within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2009, 09:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Getting Fired

I ended my first season with the lions at 4-12, with a whopping approval rating of 13 and i didnt get fired... what was the lowest approval rating that everybody else had without getting fired?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Getting Fired

Went 0-16 simming one season with the Lions, had a rating of 0 and somehow didn't get fired. Oddly enough, from what I've seen with the Lions, I'm actually safer going 0-16 than I am winning 1 or 2 games.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #3
Pro

SuperChargers's Arena

OVR: 10

i had an overall of like 0-2 and stayed. then i had a 40 and got the boot
Old 11-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think the programmers did a good job with the history of each individual team and the reaction of the players to the season results. If the Lions or Raiders finish with a crappy season, you don't really get too much flack. But if you run the Patriots or Cowboys into the ground, you will be outta there.

But there is something that needs a fixin'. I won the SB with the Cowboys, overall approval rating 99, record of 18-1, and I got fired because I mishandled the salary cap. Good thing I saved the game and found a work-around for it.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub2k4
But there is something that needs a fixin'. I won the SB with the Cowboys, overall approval rating 99, record of 18-1, and I got fired because I mishandled the salary cap. Good thing I saved the game and found a work-around for it.
Well, that sounds like a Jerry Jones-firing to me....you must not have gotten along with him, jdub!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:

Why does that need fixing? You should be fired for mishandling the salary cap

Just call me Sanchez
Old 11-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #7
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
I think the programmers did a good job with the history of each individual team and the reaction of the players to the season results. If the Lions or Raiders finish with a crappy season, you don't really get too much flack. But if you run the Patriots or Cowboys into the ground, you will be outta there.

I had an approval of like 65 with the Raiders and got the boot. I was so bummed.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 11-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #8
Rookie

I have no problem with occasional firings of successful coaches. Seems like a Jimmy Johnson deal to me right there with the Cowboys.

Seriously, as long as it isn't a frequent thing, it happens enough in the league to be something I can live with in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »