Home

The reason why defenders back off

This is a discussion on The reason why defenders back off within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9
The reason why defenders back off

Simply put because the response slider does not exist!
Go into player abilitys and look at the response slider and see what it says.
It says how quickly a player reaches their top speed. But this is what the acceleration slider does
Now if you have an old version of pes have a look at that. Specifically pes 9 have a read what is says there.
It says 'the higher the ability the quicker the player closes down loose balls, passes and opponents movement.
So basically what they have done is put the acceleration slider in twice and left out the response slider
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2009, 04:26 AM   #2
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34
Re: The reason why defenders back off

This is true. I don't know iif that means acceleration is in twice, but good observation.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
MVP

jr86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
This is true. I don't know iif that means acceleration is in twice, but good observation.
Thanks man, 74 views and only 1 reply i thought i was cracking up lol.
But honestly i don't see how this isn't killing peoples enjoyment of the game. Basically every attack you do through the middle allows you to run 40-50yds without anyone putting in a tackle
Old 11-09-2009, 08:11 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Thanks man, 74 views and only 1 reply i thought i was cracking up lol.
But honestly i don't see how this isn't killing peoples enjoyment of the game. Basically every attack you do through the middle allows you to run 40-50yds without anyone putting in a tackle
Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I can't generate an attack through the middle, I have to go to the sides to have any chance, and they attack me out there to. I don't find it any different than last years in this regard, in fact I think it is a little too unrealistically hard. I play on "professional" level.

I don't doubt your observations, I am puzzled why I am not seeing this yet you and others are? I play the PS3 version.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

yeah when i play they seem to stack the middle of the 18 for me as well, and a lot of the time i have a hard time getting shots through. sometimes i see them back off a little, but they close it up once im about 25-30 yards out. and shots from 30+ yards are rare to score on.

and if i do a counter attack and am past the midfielders, the defenders do drop and give me room to run, but once i get to about 30 yards out they close down on me.

I was creating my club team over blank team A, and when i was creating the players, the response slider said closing down on loose balls etc. so i didnt see the problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm not seeing the breakdown, sorry. The only thing I have seen remotely to that is when the ball is played a couple yards in front of the attacker, yet the defender is closer - and doesn't slide or try to go for the ball, instead he backs off slightly by allowing the attacker (user) get the ball first. It's very slight, but still is annoying when it happens - which is seldom.

Attacking through the middle is just dependent on which team you play against. Playing the ball backwards often, and getting your defenders past the half for support doesn't hurt either.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:45 AM   #7
MVP

jr86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet6683
yeah when i play they seem to stack the middle of the 18 for me as well, and a lot of the time i have a hard time getting shots through. sometimes i see them back off a little, but they close it up once im about 25-30 yards out. and shots from 30+ yards are rare to score on.

and if i do a counter attack and am past the midfielders, the defenders do drop and give me room to run, but once i get to about 30 yards out they close down on me.

I was creating my club team over blank team A, and when i was creating the players, the response slider said closing down on loose balls etc. so i didnt see the problem?

Hmm, that is interesting, i have never created players but as i posted above the description when you go in to change existing players is wrong. I will check this out. Thanks
Old 11-10-2009, 04:48 AM   #8
MVP

jr86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I'm not seeing the breakdown, sorry. The only thing I have seen remotely to that is when the ball is played a couple yards in front of the attacker, yet the defender is closer - and doesn't slide or try to go for the ball, instead he backs off slightly by allowing the attacker (user) get the ball first. It's very slight, but still is annoying when it happens - which is seldom.

Attacking through the middle is just dependent on which team you play against. Playing the ball backwards often, and getting your defenders past the half for support doesn't hurt either.
That's cool man i am pleased you're not seeing it. I don't want to bash a game for the sake of bashing.
But i am seeing this constantly. It seems to happen a lot when the other team has a corner. They attack with a lot of men, if you then win the ball and pass to your forward, however many men that they have back 2 3 or 4 they just keep retreating back to their box before deciding to close you down.
But i am going to take a look at what the other guy said about creating players and the description being different.
Thanks for the feedback

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »