Home

Old 12-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Vince Young?

Needs some love across the board. I don't have the newest update, but in the previous update he had the lowest short accuracy of any starting QB, and was bottom of the barrel everywhere minus his throw on the run, which is underrated a little IMO. Dude needs a speed increase, throw power increase, and all his accuracy ratings bumped. I'm not crying for him to be a high 80's overall guy, but thats honestly where he would likely be in Madden due to his speed. Anyway, can a brother get some love for the most clutch QB in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Vince Young?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Whitebread
Needs some love across the board. I don't have the newest update, but in the previous update he had the lowest short accuracy of any starting QB, and was bottom of the barrel everywhere minus his throw on the run, which is underrated a little IMO. Dude needs a speed increase, throw power increase, and all his accuracy ratings bumped. I'm not crying for him to be a high 80's overall guy, but thats honestly where he would likely be in Madden due to his speed. Anyway, can a brother get some love for the most clutch QB in the game?
Most clutch QB in the game?! Are you a Titans or Longhorns fan? Cmon buddy he should be no more then a 78 overall but I will give you an A potential.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGH_whocares
Most clutch QB in the game?! Are you a Titans or Longhorns fan? Cmon buddy he should be no more then a 78 overall but I will give you an A potential.
90.2 QB rating this year as well as nearly 7 YPA says he better than 78.

VY should be no lower than 82 overall.

He's 5-0 for a reason folks. And that 99 yard game winning drive and throwing for 387 yards was no fluke. The guy has improved TREMENDOUSLY as a pocket passer.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #4
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

This is a movement I can get behind. I believe in Vince Young. I think he's becoming more of a pocket passer, I think he's vastly improved, and most importantly dude wins.

He's not the most clutch QB in the game though. Last I checked, Peyton Manning was still alive.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
Pro

jacory12's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagnificent
90.2 QB rating this year as well as nearly 7 YPA says he better than 78.

VY should be no lower than 82 overall.

He's 5-0 for a reason folks. And that 99 yard game winning drive and throwing for 387 yards was no fluke. The guy has improved TREMENDOUSLY as a pocket passer.
3 words, Cardinals' passing defense
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 11:41 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 36

I'd say 80-81, or 78-79.

Raise him back up to a A or high B potential...have his potential max out at like 89-93.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:12 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

Vince Young definately an 80. He is a threat with the ball, especially with his running and trucking ability so 80 overall is good. No, I am not saying he is as good or better than someone like Marc Bulger. Since he is considered a 'Scrambler' his 80 would not be as good as the 77 Marc Bulger has. Bulger is a 'Pocket Passer' and much better than Vince Young in that category.

So 80 overall would be good for Vince Young, but if you look at the attributes further Kerry Collins should be the better QB even if he is rated lower in overall. Collins definately stronger arm, more accurate ... it is just that Vince Young has legs and break tackle ability.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:46 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
Vince Young definately an 80. He is a threat with the ball, especially with his running and trucking ability so 80 overall is good. No, I am not saying he is as good or better than someone like Marc Bulger. Since he is considered a 'Scrambler' his 80 would not be as good as the 77 Marc Bulger has. Bulger is a 'Pocket Passer' and much better than Vince Young in that category.

So 80 overall would be good for Vince Young, but if you look at the attributes further Kerry Collins should be the better QB even if he is rated lower in overall. Collins definately stronger arm, more accurate ... it is just that Vince Young has legs and break tackle ability.
One thing I still can't get is even though Vince has been in the league a little while why has his overall speed diminished in the game? Some may assume that the 85 speed is more than enough but I disagree. His speed as well as Dennis Dixon's,Pat White,Josh Johnsons, etc....should be way ahead in terms of how they hurt teams. Do they need 99 speed? No. But to accurately show their potential as gifted runners then yeah give them early ninety's. It didn't hurt EA in the beginning when VY was on the cover, but now when his career got shaky he is getting slower in the game and I believe that that depreciates the game. It's as if EA believe's this will hurt the game by acknowledging true sprinters and gifted runners, and this especially holds true with QB's. My 3bitzs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »