Home

I know I'm not this good -- Any suggestions?

This is a discussion on I know I'm not this good -- Any suggestions? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #1
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9
I know I'm not this good -- Any suggestions?

Alright I have a slight problem. With the patch coming out anyday I decided to start my "sim" franchise with the Cowboys.

Usually I sim quite a bit, but knowing that my 3-4 stats would be off (Ware having no sacks) I decided to play the first few games of the season.

My sliders aren't that easy either. The only thing that is set high for me is Pass Rushing. Other than that everything is sub 50. Most are in the low 20's.

The CPU sliders are set very high. Run block is near 85, break tackle near 55, Accuracy near 65, yet pass block on 5.

The pass rush that low is the only way to get realistic sacks (2-3 per game) yet through 5 games of my franchise I've outscored my opponents an average of 62-12 per game.

I'm not trying to run up the score either, it's just happening that way.

Anyone else have a similar problem, and if so any suggestions or slider tips?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: I know I'm not this good -- Any suggestions?

I am with you on this. I cant find sliders that r challenging enough for me either and i average scores like 56-7. I have a extremly great defensive mind so no one scores on me. Part of the reasons my friends hate playing against me but anyways if u find any sliders that are challenging i would like too try them.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #3
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

My problem is the opposite.

I want to play offense, but super sim defense. If I do, it gives unrealistic results - my defense winds up being like the Doomsday Defense but twice as good.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

try default all madden
Old 12-03-2009, 04:25 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballplaya72
Alright I have a slight problem. With the patch coming out anyday I decided to start my "sim" franchise with the Cowboys.

Usually I sim quite a bit, but knowing that my 3-4 stats would be off (Ware having no sacks) I decided to play the first few games of the season.

My sliders aren't that easy either. The only thing that is set high for me is Pass Rushing. Other than that everything is sub 50. Most are in the low 20's.

The CPU sliders are set very high. Run block is near 85, break tackle near 55, Accuracy near 65, yet pass block on 5.

The pass rush that low is the only way to get realistic sacks (2-3 per game) yet through 5 games of my franchise I've outscored my opponents an average of 62-12 per game.

I'm not trying to run up the score either, it's just happening that way.

Anyone else have a similar problem, and if so any suggestions or slider tips?
Adjust the player skill level to All-Madden. Same thing happened to me in a franchise, then when I moved it from All-Pro to All-Madden the game got alot closer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #6
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Whitebread
Adjust the player skill level to All-Madden. Same thing happened to me in a franchise, then when I moved it from All-Pro to All-Madden the game got alot closer.
There wont be enough sacks, and there will be too many interceptions on base sliders.

I'll try it though.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:43 PM   #7
Banned

I'm having a similar problem...I have my sliders all set up so my stats are very realistic, IE McNabb usually throws for around 200-250 yards, 52% completion, etc. However, all of my games end up as 35-28 or something similar. The lowest score I've put up is 28, and the only time I've given up less than 30 points is when I held the Chiefs to 10.

I fear my running may be the problem: even the slightest adjustment makes it either way too easy (7 YPC average and such) or way too difficult. I'm not really sure what to do. The games are close, but they're all shootouts.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #8
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneHugo
I'm having a similar problem...I have my sliders all set up so my stats are very realistic, IE McNabb usually throws for around 200-250 yards, 52% completion, etc. However, all of my games end up as 35-28 or something similar. The lowest score I've put up is 28, and the only time I've given up less than 30 points is when I held the Chiefs to 10.

I fear my running may be the problem: even the slightest adjustment makes it either way too easy (7 YPC average and such) or way too difficult. I'm not really sure what to do. The games are close, but they're all shootouts.
Yeah I'm going to raise Rushing reaction time to 90 and passing reaction time to 100 for CPU on defense.

Hopefully that will help. I'll let you know how it goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »