Home

Custom playbooks please...

This is a discussion on Custom playbooks please... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Custom playbooks please...

I'm sick of driving myself crazy trying to find the perfect playbook. I've wasted so many hours going through playbooks and plays on my ps3 and on my computer at work.

That being said... if you (EA) include it, please let us use them online in ranked games with our profiles. It would take playing online to a new level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Custom playbooks please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
I'm sick of driving myself crazy trying to find the perfect playbook. I've wasted so many hours going through playbooks and plays on my ps3 and on my computer at work.

That being said... if you (EA) include it, please let us use them online in ranked games with our profiles. It would take playing online to a new level.

Amen. I am the same way. As a whole, all the playbooks stink. There are nice formations in playbooks, but when EA puts them together they playbooks suck. Sorry, no other term for it. Every year I end up settling for a playbook. Not because it is awesome but because it is the best of the crap that is in the game.

Give me a custom playbook option that I can take online. If EA did that I would be happy next year.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I agree, I spend way to much time matching a playbook with my team each new season in my dynasty. I know this has been complained about enough, but I don't think it's asking too much to have a feature from previous additions of a last generation game in this next generation game.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
Banned

The problem is too many people are worried about stupid crap. Revo helmets not looking right etc. Ridiculous stuff there.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:05 AM   #5
Rookie

bmore7's Arena

OVR: 1

I really hope EA will add custom playbooks. If we cant make our own plays, just allow us to take plays out of ALL the playbooks to create our own custom book. The possibilities are endless just out of those. It would be nice to not have to settle on a playbook. The playbook I use, there are so many sets i never run. PLEASE EA, DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, please allow us to add LOTS sets and plays. At least 12 sets with 10 plays or something. Available to create off-line dynasty and online

Last edited by bmore7; 12-14-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #6
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

100% agreed.

I would love a pass heavy but yet wishbone playbook.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
100% agreed.

I would love a pass heavy but yet wishbone playbook.
That's where i dont agree. There has never been a heavy passing team in the history of college football that also ran the wishbone. Maybe more balanced offensive teams had it, but certainly not teams like texas tech or hawaii.

They way it should work is you should pick your basic offensive strategy. Spread Option, Spread Pass, run, Run option, Balanced, etc... and then be given a choice of what formations can be included in each. Maybe by limited formations with certain number of WR's or something like that.

In no way should they let you have 10 shotgun formations and then a wishbone. IMO the wishbone would only be included in playbooks that are run or run heavy. SOmething to that nature.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:46 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
That's where i dont agree. There has never been a heavy passing team in the history of college football that also ran the wishbone. Maybe more balanced offensive teams had it, but certainly not teams like texas tech or hawaii.

They way it should work is you should pick your basic offensive strategy. Spread Option, Spread Pass, run, Run option, Balanced, etc... and then be given a choice of what formations can be included in each. Maybe by limited formations with certain number of WR's or something like that.

In no way should they let you have 10 shotgun formations and then a wishbone. IMO the wishbone would only be included in playbooks that are run or run heavy. SOmething to that nature.
This is another one of those things that made an appearance last gen but didn't continue for whatever reason. I like your suggestion for the most part and that's sorta how it was done before. If I'm remembering correctly, you could pick up to ten formations and derivatives of the same formation were counted separately--Ace Twins and Ace Big used up two spots, for example. From there, the plays for each formation were automatically assigned. You couldn't pick the Wishbone and then have 80% of the plays be passing plays. If you picked Wishbone, you got the Wishbone plays and most of them were runs. Now, this was done before team-specific playbooks were introduced so any team that had the Wishbone had the same plays as any other team with the Wishbone. I think I'd be willing to sacrifice the team-specific stuff if they increased the amount of formations that you could pick though.

As for not allowing a playbook with Shotgun formations and the Wishbone, I disagree. Sure, it's not realistic but, at the same time, it's my game and I should be able to play however I want. Maybe they could have certain requirements for playbooks to be used online that would help to enforce that realism but if I want to run both the Shotgun and Wishbone in my offline games, I should be able to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »