Home

Recently bought Madden '10...

This is a discussion on Recently bought Madden '10... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3
Recently bought Madden '10...

This is the first year that I didn't buy Madden on the release date. Great game, but after playing it for a while I have SEVERAL gripes about the game (as always), and one of the most disappointing complaints is that I cannot change teams once I start Franchise Mode. C'MON, MAN! Seriously?

I usually play half the games each year and sim the other half, so once I get to the 5th or so year of my franchise and I'm tired of my team dominating, I always switch to one of the league's worst teams and build them into a contender. Discovering that I can no longer do this is very disappointing. And no, I refuse to control all 32 teams. I don't have the time or interest for that.

I know I'm probably late to the party on this one, as a quick browse through this forum reveals that pretty much every little issue with this game has already been pointed out long ago. I just wanted to share my frustration. So, how's everyone like NCAA 10? Is it worth buying?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2009, 12:16 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Recently bought Madden '10...

I have heard this is the best madden ever etc, etc. but have been really disappointed so far. The gameplay reminds me a lot of the old arcade-style nfl gameday series on playstation, but the franchise mode is what's really disappointing. After playing nfl head coach and reading that madden took on the lead designer, I was expecting some depth.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:30 AM   #3
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dime
I have heard this is the best madden ever...
That's usually followed by 'on current generation consoles'.

NCAA 10 felt just like NCAA 09 to me. I don't even plan on buying it used next year. I'll just find a Roster update and get the Rosters for the current year and done, I pretty much have NCAA 11 at that point.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

NCAA 10 IMO is ALOT better then NCAA 09. I would buy it. Teambuilder is a very good feature and Be a Pro is updated. Oh I would take the picture out of your sig, its agains the TOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX
This is the first year that I didn't buy Madden on the release date. Great game, but after playing it for a while I have SEVERAL gripes about the game (as always), and one of the most disappointing complaints is that I cannot change teams once I start Franchise Mode. C'MON, MAN! Seriously?

I usually play half the games each year and sim the other half, so once I get to the 5th or so year of my franchise and I'm tired of my team dominating, I always switch to one of the league's worst teams and build them into a contender. Discovering that I can no longer do this is very disappointing. And no, I refuse to control all 32 teams. I don't have the time or interest for that.

I know I'm probably late to the party on this one, as a quick browse through this forum reveals that pretty much every little issue with this game has already been pointed out long ago. I just wanted to share my frustration. So, how's everyone like NCAA 10? Is it worth buying?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 12-23-2009, 01:03 AM   #5
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
NCAA 10 IMO is ALOT better then NCAA 09. I would buy it. Teambuilder is a very good feature and Be a Pro is updated. Oh I would take the picture out of your sig, its agains the TOS
Cool, I have '09 but I haven't played '10 yet. Lately I started playing NCAA '07 again (don't ask why, I don't even know lol) on my original Xbox and I had forgotten how much fun that game was.

I've already played around with the TeamBuilder online and was very impressed. Oh and thanks for the heads up about the sig
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2009, 01:15 AM   #6
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

Also, regarding Madden '10, I don't understand how there are STILL so many issues with this game after all this time. I mean, do the developers even PLAY the game? It only took me a matter of days to experience 97% of the problems everyone has complained about on this forum.

And for whatever problems don't get fixed before the game's release (or the patch release) how hard is it to say "This is what is wrong, this is how we fix it for next year." It doesn't have to be perfect, but so many problems are so glaringly obvious. I mean really, it's a great game and I hate complaining about it, but it's frustrating.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:20 AM   #7
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Are you playing with the update?

Anyways, imo it is the best playing Madden to date (period; not just for current gen consoles) but there are issues (of course).

I'm really hoping they put in a new running animation/locomotion system for Madden 11.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:17 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 24

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hread-2-a.html

Oh, and the NCAA thread is below this Madden thread.

Stop with the useless clutter, please.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »