Home

MI88's Cpu vs Cpu Sliders

This is a discussion on MI88's Cpu vs Cpu Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
MI88's Cpu vs Cpu Sliders

After all this testing of sliders and I mean a lot of testing of sliders and other people sliders and then to find out it was this simple is funny and frustrating at the same time. These sliders have been tested on numerous play now games and 6 franchise games and I had good results on all of the games. Well here are the sliders:

Hardcore
12 min
15 sec run off
fatigue - default
normal game speed
speed threshold 50
penalties - default
sub in/sub out - default
PLAYER SKILL - Pro
CPU SKILL - 0 Sliders
Special teams - default

I encourage you to first try the sliders exactly as I have them. I have created two profiles with the same sliders and I start the game by putting the first controller on the home team and the second controller on the away team and after the coin toss I put both controllers in the middle and perform the kickoff after that the cpu will take over. This seems to matter as opposed to putting both controllers in the middle and starting the game that way.

Last edited by MI88; 04-18-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MI88's Cpu vs Cpu Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI88
After all this testing of sliders and I mean a lot of testing of sliders and other people sliders and then to find out it was this simple is funny and frustrating at the same time. These sliders have been tested on numerous play now games and 6 franchise games and I had good results on all of the games. Well here are the sliders:

Hardcore
12 min
15 sec run off
fatigue - default (really your preference)
slow game speed
speed threshold 50
penalties - default
PLAYER SKILL - CUSTOM
PASSING - 0 (Which will make acc -100, pass block -100, catching - 100)
RUSHING - 0 (Same thing here and so on)
PASS DEFENSE - 0
RUSH DEFENSE -0
CPU SKILL - EVERYTHING 0
Special teams - default

I encourage you to first try the sliders exactly as I have them. I have created two profiles with the same sliders and I start the game by putting the second controller in the middle then the first controller in the middle and then pressing start on the first controller. Please provide feedback.
Do the player sliders even take effect here? It sounds as though only the CPU sliders should be working. If the player sliders do have effect then I have missed something but I dont think so.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicZulu25
Do the player sliders even take effect here? It sounds as though only the CPU sliders should be working. If the player sliders do have effect then I have missed something but I dont think so.
Based on my testing they do because I tried it with custom player sliders at 20 also. My theory is that the cpu sliders hinder the players in cpu vs cpu, with the cpu sliders at 0 and the player sliders maxed out basically the players play up to there full potential. Its evident in the stats I was getting. Just try them out exactly as I have them and see for yourself. Also the way I explained to do the controllers is also very important.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Based on my testing they do because I tried it with custom player sliders at 20 also. My theory is that the cpu sliders hinder the players in cpu vs cpu, with the cpu sliders at 0 and the player sliders maxed out basically the players play up to there full potential. Its evident in the stats I was getting. Just try them out exactly as I have them and see for yourself. Also the way I explained to do the controllers is also very important.
I think I am now seeing this as well. What kind of pass numbers were you getting with the custom player sliders at 20? Looking at your numbers, I am wondering if this will lower some of my passing numbers.

I also discussed a FG length issue in my other post. Have you noticed anything with your sliders?
Old 01-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
I think I am now seeing this as well. What kind of pass numbers were you getting with the custom player sliders at 20? Looking at your numbers, I am wondering if this will lower some of my passing numbers.

I also discussed a FG length issue in my other post. Have you noticed anything with your sliders?
When I was testing with custom player sliders at 20 I was averaging around 300 to 400 yards a game and with my sliders I use I was averaging around 245 yards a game and the NFL average this year was 220. But of course that's based off of a complete nfl season, injuries where starting qb's are hurt, penalties,etc......I think anyone would be hard pressed to find more realistic sliders for cpu vs cpu play. Yes I have noticed a difference in field goals with these sliders which has made me max out my special team sliders and I still see missed field goals so I think maxing them out is good.

Last edited by MI88; 01-05-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
When I was testing with custom player sliders at 20 I was averaging around 300 to 400 yards a game and with my sliders I use I was averaging around 245 yards a game and the NFL average this year was 220. But of course that's based off of a complete nfl season, injuries where starting qb's are hurt, penalties,etc......
I agree. My sampling has come from my 32 user managed team franchise and I believe my passing yardage numbers are similar to yours now. I actually simulate my own injuries to improve the numbers and I sub out QBs for bad performance. One thing I have noticed though is that in the games with 4+ sacks, the passing seems a lot lower as the QBs often get pressured and throw their stupid passes. I have stated before that I only get 3.3 per game. But some of the games are 0 sacks and those are the ones that are typically shoot outs as the QB has time. If you come up with a solution for increased sacks (other than jacking the coaching agression slider too much) i'd love to hear it.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #7
Rookie

All I basically play is cpu vs cpu. I tried your 0 sliders (everything maxed to 100) and liked the output. I had to lower INT's to 0 and fumbles to 30 though. I also lowered my quarters to 10 min. I had to max out all Special Teams sliders to 100 too. The kicking game really stinks now for some reason. The punters are averaging in the upper 20's to lower 30's and kickers are missing and coming up short like crazy. Very strange indeed! I cannot figure it out. If this problem would get solved I may finally have an almost perfect set of cpu vs cpu sliders. Thanks for your help and let me know if you figure out special teams.

= manooly
Old 01-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
I agree. My sampling has come from my 32 user managed team franchise and I believe my passing yardage numbers are similar to yours now. I actually simulate my own injuries to improve the numbers and I sub out QBs for bad performance. One thing I have noticed though is that in the games with 4+ sacks, the passing seems a lot lower as the QBs often get pressured and throw their stupid passes. I have stated before that I only get 3.3 per game. But some of the games are 0 sacks and those are the ones that are typically shoot outs as the QB has time. If you come up with a solution for increased sacks (other than jacking the coaching agression slider too much) i'd love to hear it.
The NFL team average for sacks per game was 2.1 this year and I'm getting around 1.5. So I'm fine with that as I do more games I expect to get more where it will average out to around 2 or 2.5. And I haven't had any shootouts using my sliders, scores have been very realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »