Home

Open Legacy vs. Closed

This is a discussion on Open Legacy vs. Closed within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2010, 10:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Open Legacy vs. Closed

I want to play as my Alma matter Toledo their small but not small enough to play as in a closed legacy. So if i choose to play an open legacy will i lose all the cool coaching perks that come with a Closed Legacy? Thanks to anyone who can help i just got the game today and am enjoying it a lot so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 06:29 AM   #2
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Open Legacy vs. Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz A Cane Thing
I want to play as my Alma matter Toledo their small but not small enough to play as in a closed legacy. So if i choose to play an open legacy will i lose all the cool coaching perks that come with a Closed Legacy? Thanks to anyone who can help i just got the game today and am enjoying it a lot so far.
You have the same feature available to you in Open as you do Closed, it also gives you the ability to tweak your universe by allowing you to fix CPU rotations or any other issue you come across.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #3
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

You'll just have to be Stan Joplin, or at least have his all-time record. I am at North Florida trying to get to UMass. It's fun to start out small knowing you're ditching the program as soon as a better offer comes. I'll apologize to my players later.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Closed is the way to go. Its so fun trying to work your way up. In my closed legacy I ditched Elon after 2 great years for Gonzaga. I had my choice of 4 good schools but they had the best roster.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #5
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Closed is the way to go. Its so fun trying to work your way up. In my closed legacy I ditched Elon after 2 great years for Gonzaga. I had my choice of 4 good schools but they had the best roster.
open legacy works the same way except you can edit anything you want and can pick any team to start (including small schools)

after that it works exactly the same
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
open legacy works the same way except you can edit anything you want and can pick any team to start (including small schools)

after that it works exactly the same
I know it works the same way. I like closed legacy because you have to play with a small school. If I'm a first year coach in real life I don't get to pick any school I want but a small low level school that is not very good. So that is why I said closed legacy is the way to play. It means more if you work your way up then starting at the top.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #7
Pro

Coachwf's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz A Cane Thing
Unless their conference prevents it you can always edit them down below 70 OVR to allow them to be chosen in closed legacy.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:43 PM   #8
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Its the same except you have to carry THAT coach's record....

I played more open legacies with small conf teams then worked my way up to a power conf team more than starting off with a power conf team..

you can even make coach K's rating a "F" if you wanted too before you start a open legacy with Duke

Last edited by Jukeman; 01-06-2010 at 06:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »