Home

Time for a crap franchise year?

This is a discussion on Time for a crap franchise year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Time for a crap franchise year?

Alright, my franchise team is entering it's third year, and I have a problem...

I was about to lose an important part of my shutdown D in Antonio Cromartie, but I wasn't to keep him super long term so I signed him to a one-year contract... except the game loses his contract by the time I get to the re-signing task.

While on the "Front Office" task my salary cap is fine... I have 19 mil room left.

Cromartie is expensive as hell, so he eats salary cap space like candy.

However I noticed it still had him listed as only having a year left on contract even after I signed him, so I figured it didn't go through and I did it again... It kept doing the same thing, so I just assumed by the time I got to the re-signing screen it would correctly show him as having 3 years left on contract, but I was wrong.

Not only does it show him as having 0 years on contract, I end up 28 million in the red on my salary cap ... needless to say, I can't sign free agents to replace lost players...

Am I screwed, or does someone know a way of fixing this crap? =/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Time for a crap franchise year?

Don't resign players to 1 year deals before the end of the season from now on. You're screwed this year I believe.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yup. By re-signing him to a 1-year deal before the end of the season, you're giving him extra money for no reason. Good luck man.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:55 PM   #4
Rookie

****... I'll have to fire half my offense to cover this... >_< Im going to need this garbage to be fixed....
Old 01-21-2010, 10:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synnister
****... I'll have to fire half my offense to cover this... >_< Im going to need this garbage to be fixed....
Do you have any players who aren't living up to their contracts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2010, 10:08 PM   #6
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

It's cheap, but did you save yet? Just shut off your system.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:49 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 36

Good luck. Just cut some people enough to get by. Keep in mind, 1 year deal in madden during that season only means the current season. By repeating that, he is upping his contract for that one season alone, instead of adding more years.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:20 AM   #8
Rookie

With a little trickery I managed to get everything back set... I lost Roethlisberger but picked up an A potential 98 throw power stud with decent accuracy & 85 speed...

Went ahead and got rid of Farrior as well... he's old, and though he was one of the leading LBs last year in my franchise, Madden's progression system cares more about age than the stats the player puts up =/

Cromartie alone cleared up 17 mil. I'm wishing I could have held on to him because I wanted to deal him and pick up Talib. He's like a damn receiver with his 87 catch rating... anything thrown his way is an automatic pick. I'm considering taking the CB I drafted last year and trying to make them a deal based around him for Talib.

I also wish I could off Andre Johnson for Calvin Johnson. I managed to keep Andre from losing any points last season, but that's only because he was the #2 receiver behind my Santonio Holmes. Might have to settle for Brandon Marshall or Michael Crabtree, but I know I would sorely miss Johnson's speed, so Calvin Johnson winds up being the actual perfect replacement, he's just damn near impossible to get.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »