Home

A Question To EA Sports Regarding 360 Madden 10 Create-A-Team Design

This is a discussion on A Question To EA Sports Regarding 360 Madden 10 Create-A-Team Design within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2010, 07:58 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
A Question To EA Sports Regarding 360 Madden 10 Create-A-Team Design

EA Sports has chosen to place a number of restrictions on the Create-A-Team option in Madden 10 for 360, including:

1. Rosters cannot be edited in the Create-A-Team function.

2. Created Teams can be imported into Franchises, where Rosters can be edited to some degree (player data, but not ratings).

3. Created Teams edited in the Franchise mode can be exported for use in Play Now games, but Exported Teams can then no longer be edited at all in the Create-A-Team screen.

4. Under some conditions, Created Teams become un-editable in the Franchise Mode (it is not clear to me what causes this condition to occur).

5. After the initial Roster is filled during the Create-A-Team process, it is not possible to alter the Roster with any players other than current NFL players (NFL Greats are no longer available after the initial Roster has been completed).

There are also other restrictions, but the point of this email is that for some reason which I completely fail to understand, EA Sports has provided the Create-A-Team feature, but has made it obtuse and difficult to use and very limited with regard to permitted modifications.

WHY??

When I purchase the license to use software, I expect to be able to use the software in ways that most appeal to me and I do not expect to be placed under arbitrary and severe restrictions by the software developers.

The net result for me is the feeling that I have wasted my money with the purchase of Madden 10. Unless these restrictions are removed and others not imposed, I will not purchase future editions of this game.

Perhaps the EA Team would respond to this email with an explanation of these limitations, so that I might understand their rationale.

Art
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

Re: A Question To EA Sports Regarding 360 Madden 10 Create-A-Team Design

One need only look as far as EA's own NCAA 10 to see a Create-A-Team done impressively in their "Teambuilder" function. You can create a team using their online teambuilder website, can name each and every one of your players, manually adjust every rating, go in-depth with uniform creation, stadium design, etc etc, all without losing any of the functionality of a normal Dynasty (NCAA's version of Franchise) mode.

I hereby second Art01's open letter to ask EA to please give a little love to Franchise Mode. It is the only thing that keeps me playing madden from February through August.
The UCLA Bruins

And I'm moving to Chicago so...
The Green Bay Packers!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

In furtherance of the lack of functionality with created teams, let's look at this picture of a team in the superbowl, one season after relocating to Los Angeles from St. Louis.

Notice the following:

1) Instead of a superbowl patch, there is a nasty scar of "color."
2) Rather than a "Bulldogs" logo, or even a simple "Los Angeles" there is an old St. Louis Rams logo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mime-attachment.jpg (204.7 KB, 62 views)
The UCLA Bruins

The Green Bay Packers!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Another thing is when relocating a team in franchise if i use the modern open endzone for my stadium, no matter what logo i pick for my new team there is always a shark statue in the corners of the modern open endzone.. please fix this EA. It should be a statue of what ever i pick to be MY teams mascot not tibouron's shark. thanks.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

yeah, I noticed this too with my franchise. Really takes away from the experience! Is it me or was designing your new uniforms painfully cumbersome...I mean, we're not even allowed to have your typical 3 striped sleeves...all the options they give you make your team look arena league-ish! EA, please fix this..or expand on the idea. How about a logo generator where they let you bitmap your own design!!! that would be sweet! who's with me?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #6
Pro

The sad part with this is that it is something that has been freshly broken. Create A Team at least worked somewhat last year. There are several issues with relocating during a franchise
- the superbowl patch
- dark visors show up as white
- secondary gloves show up white
- no alternate jerseys and the inability option to mix and match.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
Another thing is when relocating a team in franchise if i use the modern open endzone for my stadium, no matter what logo i pick for my new team there is always a shark statue in the corners of the modern open endzone.. please fix this EA. It should be a statue of what ever i pick to be MY teams mascot not tibouron's shark. thanks.
This too but its fixable. If you edit your team and reselect the logo that you want it will show up.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
This too but its fixable. If you edit your team and reselect the logo that you want it will show up.
The sad thing is that there are so many other workarounds or minor glitches/bugs that it's a shame they don't simply patch it. None of what we're asking for is drastic by any means. A patch could easily fix most/all of these problems.
The UCLA Bruins

The Green Bay Packers!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Do not export your team in franchise mode, once you do, you can no longer edit it in Franchise, OR from the Creation Zone. Mucks up everything it seems. Not sure why that feature / capability is even in the game. It's clearly broken and effectively serves no purpose other than to break team package editing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »