Home

Picking this up today..

This is a discussion on Picking this up today.. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
Pro

jaygg1's Arena

OVR: 5
Picking this up today..

Hey guys, I'm planning on picking this one up today. It's only $40 and I still have an unused $25 gift card from Christmas. I hear a lot of people complaining about the patch, should I bother downloading it? And any other tips or glitches to look out for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Picking this up today..

Overall, the game as a complete package is worth the buy especially if you are only playing 40-25=15$. Can't be the price honestly.

As far is glitches, My Player is a new mode. It has the most glitches in the game but what can you expect from something completely new. I don't no them all due to me not playing that mode. Association mode has a few glitches itself. Mainly with simulation stats, the computer has the biggs shooting 3pts. You will notice some of this in-game also. Also there are awkward trades in association mode. You will notice the computer will trade a low rated player off his team in order to get a higher rating. It becomes very unrealistic at times. D League is new feature this year for your association mode and my player mode. During association mode, you will notice teams will sign D Leaguers before they will exercise free agency which becomes nerve wreaking at times. You will also notice that at the start of the second season, Pre-game rituals will be removed. This is all I can recall at the moment (off the top of my head). There are workarounds for these glitches though. Research on the forums.

Overall the game is the best basketball simulation game this year and is definitely worth the buy especially for only 15$. For this years game, there has been 2 patches, 3 counting the original patch when installing the game the first time. Unfortunately, there aren't intentions of creating another on the part of the 2k Development Team. There are plenty of things you will notice and enjoy which will hopefully allow you to over write the negatives of the game. Hopefully by next year, they will get it right instead of this somewhat beta version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »