Home

2010 Ohio State Buckeyes

This is a discussion on 2010 Ohio State Buckeyes within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
2010 Ohio State Buckeyes

I know there's buckeye fans on here so I thought I would make a thread for all Ohio State fans.

2010 could be the year for a Natl Champ run(knock on wood)

QB: Starts with Pryor could he have a Heisman type year? Who is going to be the 2nd string QB? Kenny B. or Bauserman

RB: Boom and Zoom..... Hall,Berry,Martin,Smith ( I really think Berry is going to steal the show in the Spring but Tressel will let Saine or Boom start)

FB: Boren kid was very good last year

WR: Posey,Sanz,Carter,Wash,Fields,Jackson,Louis,Brown. ... Who will come out as the 3rd WR

TE: Stoneburner,Fragel,Dillio ..... Will JT use Stoneburner?

OL: Only loss Cordle... The O-Line will be very good next year OT-Boren-Brewster-Browning-J.B Who will win the LT spot? Miller or Adams (Maybe the recruit Henderson if we get him?)

Dline: Big loss Thad Gibson... but Heyward comes back.... Will Williams be as good as Thad? Who else will step up for depth?

LB: Austin Spitler is gone. Is it Sabino time?( I think so) With Rolle and Homan the LB spot should be fine

CB: Chewka comes back with Torrence. Who is the 3rd CB? Howard?

S: This is where the most concern should come in with Coleman and Russel gone who is going to step up? O.J and Hines back there?

I think next year could be the year for the Buckeyes.... I think the game to decide it will be against Wisconsin

Would love to hear everyone's opinion on our Depth chart and which players could be sleepers next year!

GO BUCKS O-H!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 2010 Ohio State Buckeyes

QB: TP is the unquestioned starter, but I believe Bauserman will be the backup, purely because he's been here longer and paid his dues. I see TP having a pretty good junior year, not a Heisman caliber one like many are expecting but a very good one.

HB: Saine is a good back out of the I and out of the gun. He's a great weapon out of the backfield and gives the defense someone else to account for. Boom should get a decent amount of carries because he's been here and he's consistent (I'm not a big fan of Herron), but I expect Berry, or even Hall to step up right here. I wouldn't rule out Rod Smith or Carlos Hyde making some noise either.

FB: Boren is more than capable here, he should continue to improve.

WR: Posey had a fantastic finish to the season and established himself as a #1 receiver. Dane is the perfect guy to play in the slot and he is smart, has good hands, and can block the hell out of someone. Taurian Washington and Duron Carter should battle it out for the 3rd spot, but keep an eye on Chris Fields, whom Tressel compared to Santonio Holmes and had a tough time keeping a redshirt on.

TE: I'm concerned here... Stoneburner is a liability as an inline blocker and the staff was looking to find a JUCO TE to offset that but couldn't. Look for Reid Fragel to be pressed into duty this year to try and replace Ballard, who was the most underrated player on the team last year. Stoneburner is a TE in the mold of a Travis Beckum, and with the offense beginning to open up as TP matures I'd expect him to finally get thrown to.

OL: I'm only concerned about left tackle. Michael Brewster and Justin Boren are going to be playing on Sundays for a long time, J.B. Shugarts really came on late at RT last year and Bryant Browning is a solid guy who really shined after being moved inside after a disaster of a season at RT in 2008. But left tackle... my oh my. Mike Adams was the #3 player in the nation, but his own teammates are calling him a bust behind the scenes, and it'll take a turnaround of epic proportions for him to ever make an impact. Andy Miller is a lot like Jim Cordle, a hard nosed kid that will give you his all but he's not the most talented, and he saw the field a lot last year at LT before succombing to the flu. If Seantrel Henderson becomes a Buckeye I wouldn't rule him out of this competition. We have some depth now, with Marcus Hall behind Shugarts, and then guys like Jack Mewhort, Corey Linsley, Sam Longo, and incoming frosh Andrew Norwell waiting in the wings.

DL: Losing Thad Gibson and Doug Worthington concerns me. Worthington was very underrated and he had an excellent game in the Rose Bowl. Thad is a loss, but outside edge rushers with the way we recruit and play are much easier to replace than a defensive tackle like Doug. Heyward should anchor the line from the strong side at end, sliding inside and moving all around the line at times as well. Dexter Larimore had a great first half of the year at the nose before he got hurt, and John Simon came on strong when that injury occured. Look for Garrett Goebel to make some nois here as well. Nathan Williams should slide into Thad's spot, he's not as athletic as Cam but, this is stereotypical, he's got a great motor. Melvin Fellows and a few others are waiting in the wings.

LB: Rolle and Homan return, and they had outstanding years last year. Spitler is gone, and he had a solid senior year but he was nothing spectacular. Sabino was excellent in practices all year and he is finally starting to play disciplined (In HS he basically ran around making plays, no real responsibilities). If Tyler Moeller is healthy after missing all year with a brain injury from a sucker punch, he'll play the star. We have a ton of depth here, I mean Dorian Bell was a 5* and he redshirted last year, so we're pretty good at this position.

DB: Now onto the weakest part of the team. Devon Torrence is our best corner, he's back. Chekwa has gotten picked on a lot over the past two years, but if he'd just turn his head around he'd be a much better player. Jermale Hines will likely slide into one of the safeties spots, he stepped in when Russell played terrible early in the year and played fantastic. At the other spot its up in the air... Orhian Johnson has barely touched the field and beyond that its not much better. We've got a lot of young talent waiting in the wings at corner (So much so that '09 Corey Brown was moved to WR), so its possible that one of them could be moved to S, but I have a feeling the safeties cost us a game this year.

Special Teams: Devin Barclay likely takes over the kicking duties for good and he was very good when he came in last year. Jon Thoma is gone after being horribly inconsistent in '09, and Ben Buchanon will likely take his spot. Ray Small is gone, which means we'll probably have less electric returns but also less muffed punts. We have to find someone to return kicks as well considering Lamaar Thomas transferred. Kickoff and punt coverage was a disaster last year... needs to be addressed big time in the off-season.

Schedule
Marshall W
Miami (FL) toss up
Ohio W
Eastern Michigan W
@ Illinois W
Indiana W
@ Wisconsin toss up
Purdue W
@Minnesota W
Penn State W
@ Iowa toss up
Michigan W
Old 01-29-2010, 11:57 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29

I honestly think the Big Ten will be quite a bit more competitive next season.

None of the league games will be certain W's... Didn't you see the Purdue game this year?
Old 01-30-2010, 03:39 PM   #4
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I honestly think the Big Ten will be quite a bit more competitive next season.

None of the league games will be certain W's... Didn't you see the Purdue game this year?
Obviously there's a chance to lose, but I feel pretty good about getting through all those games that I put a W next to. We now have a pretty experienced offense and arguably the best offensive line in the Tressel era to run behind, and a defense that brings back a lot as well.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sportsbuck quick question do you use scout and buckeyeplanet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #6
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidy28
Sportsbuck quick question do you use scout and buckeyeplanet?
Just Buckeyeplanet.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #7
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4903542
Quote:
Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee earlier this week.

Team spokeswoman Shelly Poe confirmed to ESPN.com that Pryor had a routine arthroscopic procedure and should make a speedy recovery. The team said the surgery was successful and expects Pryor to be back to 100 percent before spring practice, which begins April 1.

Pryor revealed before the Rose Bowl that he had been dealing with a partially torn posterior cruciate ligament in one of his knees. The quarterback indicated the injury was in his left knee, though this weeks procedure was performed on the right knee, Poe said.

Pryor told reporters last month in Columbus that his knee was still hurting and he planned to have it re-examined by doctors.

Pryor comes off the best performance of his career in the Rose Bowl, passing for 266 yards and two touchdowns and rushing for 72 yards in a win against Oregon.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:22 AM   #8
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

I am going to say were looking at a 10-2 season with another at large bid or championship loss

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »