Home

Kiosk Impressions (Best Buy Build IS NOT FINAL)

This is a discussion on Kiosk Impressions (Best Buy Build IS NOT FINAL) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Kiosk Impressions (Best Buy Build IS NOT FINAL)

So the game is at my best buy i work at (yes the same best buy that caused a ruckus this morning). Able to get 6 innings after my shift before my manager asked me to leave (apparently he didn't want me there off-the-clock). I have to say this game feels so much tighter than last year. I played a night game with the Cardinals/Cubs at Busch and it blew my mind. Certain animations are just incredible - Molina throwing his mask off to get a ball that rolled away a bit, Rasmus falling to the ground as he throws home, Holliday bending backwards as he props up from a feet-first slide. Not to mention the Real-time presentation is incredible. Most realistic presentation of any sports game I've ever seen.

I don't anticipate this thread lasting but any bit of info I can get to you I will. I'll try to remember as I see customers play for the next few days until other stores get on the ball. (By the way my store set it up early - the box said to display it on 2/22/10 so we did, even without our project teams coming in.) I'd recommend calling your local best buy and see if they have it displayed yet. Gaming extension should be 2260, nationwide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 12:38 AM   #2
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: This game seriously blows my mind

I also played it today at Best Buy. I couldn't have been more impressed with the broadcast camera. It adds so much realism. Saw a ton more stat popups as batters came to the plate as well. Example, Prince walked up and it showed the 09 RBI leaders. That was pretty cool.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:52 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

Dude, take pictures..haha

I'm jealous.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:03 AM   #4
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20

Verrrry cool thread bro...

...cool to see it showcased early...that's just gonna haunt me until next Tuesday though...this week is gonna go by so slooooowwwwwwwwwww.
  • MLB The Show 24 - PS5
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 02-23-2010, 01:11 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid
Verrrry cool thread bro...

...cool to see it showcased early...that's just gonna haunt me until next Tuesday though...this week is gonna go by so slooooowwwwwwwwwww.
EXACLTY!!! One thing I gotta know. Was Holliday sporting that # 7 and did he give Pujos that gold watch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 01:15 AM   #6
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

Bob Costas works ate Best Buy? Damn, that dude is busy...
Old 02-23-2010, 01:15 AM   #7
Rookie

paris - ever see something so awesome you forget to even take a picture? yeah, thats this game!

its painful seeing other people come in and play and i have to watch, but its fun introducing such an awesome game to so many people. cool thing though - a couple of guys came in, played and are seriously considering buying a ps3 before tuesday. one hasn't played videogames in 10 years. that just speaks a lot for what scea has done with this series!

also of note, the lighting is just as good as videos and screens make it look. i dont know what they did but it is just insane. i came home and played 09 and it just doesn't compare. this is gonna be a lonnnng 7 days!!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:22 AM   #8
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
Bob Costas works ate Best Buy? Damn, that dude is busy...
And hungry too apparently.

PS5/PSN: myghty
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »