Home

Would you like to see new or/both analog options for gameplay in MLB '11?

This is a discussion on Would you like to see new or/both analog options for gameplay in MLB '11? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you like to see new analog gameplay options for MLB '11?
Yes 214 66.46%
No 108 33.54%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Would you like to see new or/both analog options for gameplay in MLB '11?

This is just a discussion its not an indication of anything we are just gathering info at this stage.

Would you like to see new gameplay options for hitting, pitching and fielding for MLB '11? If so why and what would you like to see? Please no smart remarks you want us to take your voices seriously post like it. As always the devil is in the details.

P.S. This will close in about a week and a half

Last edited by Russell_SCEA; 03-29-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #2
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16
re: Would you like to see new or/both analog options for gameplay in MLB '11?

Yes. More options the better. Don't get me wrong, I love the meter, but to me pitching is getting stale. I would really like a right stick pitching system similar to the "other game". Ideally, you would select the pitch first, then perform what ever motion the pitch would require.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Would you like to see new gameplay analog options for hitting, pitching and fielding for MLB '11? If so why and what would you like to see? Please no smart remarks you want us to take your voices seriously post like it. As always the devil is in the details.
yes this would be great. The controls the game has right now are good, but giving more OPTIONS is always better if the present options stay the same and hold the same quality.

batting and fielding I think are fine as is, pitching is something that can use a new analog option. I hoipe the option has a good balance of user skill and player ratings. The meter , imo, right now the balance is off as user skill is more important than ratings.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Sure. I would like to see something new.
I love this years game but I also had a chance to sample "the other game" and I have to say that that once you get into a few innings of it, the pitching can be really fun.
If The Show does introduce analog next year, they should def. leave the old options, or "classic", in the game just in case people dont't get accustomed to the analog system.
I personally have never liked the analog batting system in any baseball game, but thats just me.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Would you like to see new gameplay analog options for hitting, pitching and fielding for MLB '11? If so why and what would you like to see? Please no smart remarks you want us to take your voices seriously post like it. As always the devil is in the details.

As a huge fan of The Show for the last 3 years I would like to see something like analog pitching and hitting like in 2K and maybe even fielding for next year as an option.

Key word being OPTION. Don't force people to use it and I think it should be an option for each aspect of the game. Like someone might want analog hitting but still want to use the button metered pitching or vice versa.

I also remember I think MVP 06 used the analog for throwing to certain bases and if you didn't hit it right the throw could sale or be wide.

In video games though, more options are always better and I am one who probably wouldn't even use analog controls and I love the way it works now but who knows....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #6
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

I would love to see analog controls for both hitting and pitching. If anybody could do it right it would be you guys. I think the other guys are on the right track but seem to be missing it somewhere you guys would probable nail it.

But also don't take away option either, that is one thing you all rock on is the options we all have to play the way we want our game to play.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:53 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yes!!! I switched from meter to classic nowadays cause the same pitching for years made a bit boring(classic is kind of a challenge).

I have also "the other game" and batting is quite fun using right stick. But prefer the show batting system cause of wonderful check swing system. So if you add it perfectly, it's gonna be a happy world.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was never a fan of the analog controls for batting or pitching, however the analog control for throwing in the field found in "the other game" I LOVED! What was great is that failure to properly point the stick at the base location would cause the throw to be slightly offline. In this way throwing errors, and offline thows, felt so much less random. Idealy I'd love to see a system where the speed of the throw was controlled by the speed at which you flicked the stick, with the accuracy controlled by the proper direction. In this way a hard throw has more potential for being offline.

Since this would all likely be part of a larger analogue package of controls, I'd really want the abilityt o pick and choose which sets of controls I used. The Show is great for this already so I'm not worried that this will change, but I'd like to be able to stick with buttons for pitching and batting but throwing in the field with the stick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »