Home

Swagger or Sheamus

This is a discussion on Swagger or Sheamus within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Swagger or Sheamus?
Swagger 22 57.89%
Sheamus 16 42.11%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24
Swagger or Sheamus

There have been complaints about the WWE not pushing young talent and just keeping guys like Cena, Batista, Edge, HHH, Orton, etc. in the main event. With that said, we have seen the emergence of Sheamus and Jack Swagger, two young guys who have gotten a chance to shine in the limelight. This has not been without its backlash as some people believe that new guys should be pushed... just not THESE new guys.

With that intro I ask, who amongst the two belongs in the main event more? Who is more deserving? Who is just overall better? Which move do you like more?

For me, it's Swagger, and I could explain more, but would love to hear any thoughts people have on these two getting pushed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
Th* m*n...

Slymm's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Swagger or Sheamus

For me, it's Swagger and it's not even close. Sheamus' run was pretty weak throughout. He's decent in the ring and from what everyone says about him he has a good desire to be the best in the business. His main problem is that he just can't "sell" a match. When he was the champ I always felt like he was a side note on Raw. He was over shadowed by Cena, Orton, Dx, Undertaker even, etc.

Swagger, on the other hand, when he first came to Raw off of a great ECW run, in which he carried that brand as the champ. He has an "it" quality that Sheamus doesn't have. Physically he looks like he belongs with the Cena's, Ortons, Jerichos, etc. Which Sheamus does to. But, Swagger has a swagger (no pun intended) that Sheamus doesn't. I love his entrance (the music, the push ups, and the pyro). Yeah he does have the lisp but I feel that it works with his character. He's the nerdy guy who probably got bullied, hit a huge growth spurt, and became a cocky son of a bitch.
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
MLB: San Francisco Giants
Old 04-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I vote Sheamus. Granted I didn't watch the Christian-Swagger rivalry, but what I've seen and heard of Swagger I have not liked. He's one of the worst I've ever heard on the mic. Sheamus isn't great on the mic either, but at least he has a cool accent going for him. Plus he's just a big intimidating dude...I think he'll be a good heel for a long time in WWE.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 55

Sheamus for me. He's a great monster heel. A big, powerful guy with a unique look and will stop at nothing to win. He has gotten a lot better on the mic as of late too. I really enjoyed this exchange with Edge the day after the Royal Rumble:

Old 04-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Swagger.

I despise the character that Sheamus is simply because it's so cookie cutter to me. Swagger is almost a carbon copy of Kurt Angle, except he needs to work on his mic work a little more. The lisp is not a good excuse, Dusty had one and barely anyone noticed.

I hope they give Swagger a long, legitimate run with the title that makes him look strong.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #6
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Swagger for me. He's put on quite a few good matches,Sheamus has just been really average in ring.

Sheamus + -insert wrestler here- = Good match.
See I can't fill that in. The match with Trips was solid but nothing spectacular. Christian maybe but I can't see that fued coming about.

Swagger + Edge,Jericho,Punk,Rey,Morrison,Shelton = Good match.
That was no problem to fill in. Other potentials being McIntyre,either of the Cryme Time guys (Shad could make a good enforcer or body guard type) and Dolph.

Of course the draft could come along and screw all this up though I'm hoping it'll just be 'Taker,Batista,Kane and Big Show to Raw with Miz,Kofi,MVP and Bourne or Yoshi to SD.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #7
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Swagger by far, and that's saying a lot because I hate both of them. The lisp is unbearable, but at least he isn't pale/transparent like Shame-us is.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #8
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I think you guys know who I picked. Actually really like Swagger too. I think they are both extremely talented.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »