Home

Dynamic Playoffs with real-life matchups?

This is a discussion on Dynamic Playoffs with real-life matchups? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Dynamic Playoffs with real-life matchups?

I haven't played Live much during the last four months because I was playing college basketball games as usual. But now that the playoffs are here I'm ready to put Dynamic Season to use again. Dynamic Playoffs were the one and only thing I was looking forward to related to the mode, even back in October.

So, how the hell do you set it up properly? I deleted my previous DS so I started from scratch (which should mean that it's only real-life stats and records in the DS), then clicked "My Playoffs" to move ahead but I get all screwed up seeding and match ups.

I tried this several times and it's always screwed up. So does anyone know how to get the correct real-life seeding into Dynamic Playoffs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 01:22 AM   #2
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Dynamic Playoffs with real-life matchups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I haven't played Live much during the last four months because I was playing college basketball games as usual. But now that the playoffs are here I'm ready to put Dynamic Season to use again. Dynamic Playoffs were the one and only thing I was looking forward to related to the mode, even back in October.

So, how the hell do you set it up properly? I deleted my previous DS so I started from scratch (which should mean that it's only real-life stats and records in the DS), then clicked "My Playoffs" to move ahead but I get all screwed up seeding and match ups.

I tried this several times and it's always screwed up. So does anyone know how to get the correct real-life seeding into Dynamic Playoffs?
If you deleted and started over, you'd think the results would mirror real life, since you didn't play any games.

Let me know if you find out how to get this working; I'd like to get the correct playoff matchups as well. I have all of the 16 playoff teams, but a couple of matchups are off b/c of the Rewind games I played.

I guess this is related, but can you play Dynamic Season multiple times? Say you complete the playoffs, can you go back and start over? It'd be interesting to use teams that didn't make the playoffs and try to get them in the postseason.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

Last edited by DJ; 04-19-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OK, so I deleted my Dynamic Season and started a new one. All of the team records and everything were spot-on, as to be expected. What I think is happening is that the game isn't recognizing certain tie-breakers, i.e. the 6-8 seeds out West, the 3-4 seeds out West and the 3-4 seeds in the East.

It looks like the Division winners are being given the top 3 seeds, regardless of record, so that's why Denver is No. 3 instead of Phoenix and Boston over Atlanta in the East.

A workaround is to take the latest updated rosters and create your own playoff bracket in Playoff Mode. I did that and was able to get all of the matchups correct. The game will carry over all the 09-10 regular season stats, which is nice. Don't be alarmed when the records are off; they are simply last year's records and matchups. Once you make changes and actually enter the mode to start playing games, you'll notice everything updated.

Just played the Thunder-Lakers game from yesterday managed to reverse the result, having OKC win 111-103. I was down 13 early but Durant caught fire and I was able to lock down Kobe in the 2nd half to win.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 04-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #4
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Ah, that explains what I'm seeing too. Pretty damn annoying. Any comments EA?

Yesterday I did exactly what you did, just made my own traditional Playoff Mode bracket. Pretty bad that the hyped up Dynamic Season/Playoffs can't be used properly.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

Yesterday I did exactly what you did, just made my own traditional Playoff Mode bracket. Pretty bad that the hyped up Dynamic Season/Playoffs can't be used properly.
Yeah that is annoying. I get that the seedings/matchups would be different if you were able to get different teams into the playoffs that didn't make it irl or have teams in the playoffs improve their seeding by winning a couple of rewind games. But, when you delete DS and start over, you should get the correct matchups since all 82 games have been completed.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
NBA LIVE Producer

iminurbase's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

Yeah, I've heard about the 3 vs. 4 seeding. Not sure what happened there. Either a bug or was coded wrong.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Iminurbase or Blackflash, has the playoff seeding in Dynamic Season been corrected yet?

Also, any update on the issues with player rotations in Dynasty Mode?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 04-26-2010, 01:09 PM   #8
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

[quote=Djwlfpack;2040998646]Iminurbase or Blackflash, has the playoff seeding in Dynamic Season been corrected yet?

quote]

I can tell you it hasn't.
The question is will it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »