Home

Rob confirms "pick up" tackles

This is a discussion on Rob confirms "pick up" tackles within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2010, 05:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Rob confirms "pick up" tackles

So shout out to footballfullback for the nice question over on the backbreaker forums: "So what I mean is if during a wrap up both players lose momentum and the defender is strong enough, will he like squat the carrier up into the air and slam him down?

I just watched the nfl big hits video and saw a defender do that. do the players have enough thinking power to do that? or will they simpley think "i have to make him go down, so i'll pull him down"

Devs should have(if they didnt) given the LBs pissed off attitudes and make them want to do GRUESOM(SP?) TACKLES! just to do damage to the carrier for the hell of it!"

Down the page a bit ROB responded:

"Yes I've seen tackles similar to that in the game.As with everything else, it's not animated, but tacklers have been taught to really use their weight in a tackle. You'll see stuff like that, but it's not something that's mo-capped and added as a feature "

Wow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 07:14 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Rob confirms "pick up" tackles

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardz23
So shout out to footballfullback for the nice question over on the backbreaker forums: "So what I mean is if during a wrap up both players lose momentum and the defender is strong enough, will he like squat the carrier up into the air and slam him down?

I just watched the nfl big hits video and saw a defender do that. do the players have enough thinking power to do that? or will they simpley think "i have to make him go down, so i'll pull him down"

Devs should have(if they didnt) given the LBs pissed off attitudes and make them want to do GRUESOM(SP?) TACKLES! just to do damage to the carrier for the hell of it!"

Down the page a bit ROB responded:

"Yes I've seen tackles similar to that in the game.As with everything else, it's not animated, but tacklers have been taught to really use their weight in a tackle. You'll see stuff like that, but it's not something that's mo-capped and added as a feature "

Wow.

wow man thats simply crazy
Old 05-20-2010, 07:40 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Awesome. Player awareness based on physics.

You see that quite a bit in the recent backbreaker training camp vids. Especially during tackle attempts. Defenders will have a poor angle or be juked out and will still attempt to make the tackle or strip the ball. No animated tackle attempts. Just straight logical tackle attempts based on the angle the defender is at.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:46 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Awesome news. Playing Red Dead Redemption has really got me excited for this game even more (if that is possible). The animations when people get shot is mindblowing you never see the same thing twice.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob

LOL. Careful, Rob... Careful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #6
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Nice dig at Madden at the end. I like it.
I wonder if players can make mistakes like slip and stuff? Probably BB2.
Can't wait for this game.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:17 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 55

That's really cool. Hope that demo comes out soon! I also hope these birds outside SHUT UP! AHHHHHH!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 05-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »