Home

Is there any way?

This is a discussion on Is there any way? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 11
Is there any way?

To keep all of your 40 man roster from being promoted in September? I want to only call up a few guys and have a total of 32 or so. I'd like to choose so I don't have to use an option on a player I don't plan on using. Any insight?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
Rookie

fjackson18's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Is there any way?

If i recall. sending them down right after ST is pretty much using an option regardless. so them being recalled in Sept really does not take an option if they started ST on the 40 man. i am sure someone with more knowledge of this will say something similar.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
Rookie

This is true, but take this example. I have an 'A' potential closer who I added to my 40-man at the trade deadline. He was never in ST so an option wasn't used there. Now it's September and he automatically gets pushed to The Show. I am in the thick of a playoff race and have no intention of using him so I attempt to send him down to AAA, only to be warned that this will use an option. Any way of avoiding this?
Old 05-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

a player on the 40 man that that is called up during September call ups will NOT use an option when he is sent back down.

that is the rule and i assume the show follows that rule.

You must have your 25 man playoff roster set by sept 1. the other 15 guys that get called up will automatically be sent back down after the season and not use an option

now exceptions would be if a player was hurt during the post season and u called up a guy....that would then use an option if he was sent back down when the injured player came back
Old 05-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
Rookie

True. But I guess my question is "Is there any way from preventing players from being called up automatically when the minor league season ends Sept. 5th or so?" My experience is that everyone on the 40-man is called up and if you want to immediately send them back down, the game asks you if you want to use an option.

Last edited by texans; 05-23-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: typos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #6
Banned

no u cant do that. Its a rule in baseball to expand the roster to 40. If u choose to send someone down, u would be forced to add someone else to replace them
Old 05-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #7

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
no u cant do that. Its a rule in baseball to expand the roster to 40.
No it's not. The rule is that you can expand to 40, you don't have to and often times teams don't bring up all 40.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
No it's not. The rule is that you can expand to 40, you don't have to and often times teams don't bring up all 40.
your right they dont bring up 40 guys total. But you still have to have 40 guys on the roster

EDIT...u may be right about saying they "can" have 40. I am not sure if the rule says the must have 40 on the 40 man roster

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »