Home

Just got a Wii. Now, I need a boxing game.

This is a discussion on Just got a Wii. Now, I need a boxing game. within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Just got a Wii. Now, I need a boxing game.

Just got a Wii for a wedding gift. The Sports Resort boxing is fun, but there is no depth at all and I am looking for something a bit more Sim.

So, is there any out there. My searches have not turned up too much. I hear Victorious Boxer is "okay" and the same with Prizefighter.

Has anyone played Prizefighter on the Wii? Is there a CAB for the career? If so, what customization features does it have.

Any input will do me a whole lot of kindness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Just got a Wii. Now, I need a boxing game.

You know, I have been meaning to pick up Don King Boxing for Wii. I heard it's good for the Wii. It's different than the 360 / PS3 versions, and I hope the motion controls are good on the Wii. (the game has gotten mixed reviews but some people love the controls)

There's also a game called Power Punch on the Wii. It's actually a good game. It's from the developers of Victorious Boxing 2 : Fighting Spirit on PS2.

The thing with Power Punch is the motion controls are absolutely horrible in my experience. But the good news is you can use the classic controller and it controls well with the classic controller. It's actually a very good looking game with lots of nice visual effects. The thing that is annoying about it is there is no camera-relative control when using the classic controller. So even if you use some of the better camera angles, you still have player-relative control. With that said, there are some great camera angles in Power Punch, including a TV broadcast view that looks awesome.

So with the classic controller, Power Punch is definitely a fun game. It's knockdown heavy, at least on some difficulties, but there are sliders and the game is without a doubt worth owning. It's not the deep boxing experience, and it's a bit over the top, but it is fun, looks good and definitely can be rewarding.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005
You know, I have been meaning to pick up Don King Boxing for Wii. I heard it's good for the Wii. It's different than the 360 / PS3 versions, and I hope the motion controls are good on the Wii. (the game has gotten mixed reviews but some people love the controls)

There's also a game called Power Punch on the Wii. It's actually a good game. It's from the developers of Victorious Boxing 2 : Fighting Spirit on PS2.

The thing with Power Punch is the motion controls are absolutely horrible in my experience. But the good news is you can use the classic controller and it controls well with the classic controller. It's actually a very good looking game with lots of nice visual effects. The thing that is annoying about it is there is no camera-relative control when using the classic controller. So even if you use some of the better camera angles, you still have player-relative control. With that said, there are some great camera angles in Power Punch, including a TV broadcast view that looks awesome.

So with the classic controller, Power Punch is definitely a fun game. It's knockdown heavy, at least on some difficulties, but there are sliders and the game is without a doubt worth owning. It's not the deep boxing experience, and it's a bit over the top, but it is fun, looks good and definitely can be rewarding.
Does this Power Punch have a good career mode?
Thanks!
Old 05-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005

Thank you much for the response. I should have mentioned I looking to mainly use the Nunchuck/Wiimote for gaming. I have not heard of Power Punch, definately read up on it. I heard the career is bad for Don Kings Prizefighter, I may just get it. I think I saw it for like $7 bucks on like Amazon or Ebay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »