Home

Realistic Touches That Need To Be Added To Elite 11!

This is a discussion on Realistic Touches That Need To Be Added To Elite 11! within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12
Realistic Touches That Need To Be Added To Elite 11!

I will get right to it:

* I won't even mention Technical fouls, as I know the NBA will not permit the companies to put them in their products

* This first one is a long shot. Remove Steve Kerr! This guy has been the GM of the Suns for 4 years now! NBA Live had the Czar Mike Fratello before he was the grizzlies coach. Get Marv and the Czar back in the studio, and add to the commentary they have already given to you. Please remove Kerr!

* Clear Path Fouls (The lack of clear patch fouls get abused way too much online. This game is great, but it really reflects on some of the unrealistic aspects of the game, and to have an actual rule lacking in a sim basketball game is a bit embarrassing.)

* Kick Ball Violation

* Jump Balls during the game (There needs to be a wrap-up animation for the ball, resulting in a jump ball. this seems like something that could happen a lot, so try and limit the animation to maybe one time a game)

* Players really get injured (The addition of injury animations are aesthetically pleasing, but the lack of a result really make them pointless. Have players actually get hurt, and miss game time.)

* Get rid of the crowd saying 'Threeee' every time the home team shoots a 3. (It is really unrealistic, and just makes the atmosphere very tacky.)

* Alter the intensity of the bench players being out of their seats almost the entire game. The score may be 54-30, and they will still be going crazy. Please keep it realistic.

* Add Assistant Coaches, and trainers, injured players behind the bench in a second row.

* Have players get up off of the bench when their substitution is called. (A realistic touch, have the player go to the scorer's table, and check in. Not too much to ask)

Live/Elite is undoubtedly the better franchise in our eyes. the one thing 2K has though is some realistic effects. Almost everything mentioned here is in 2K, and could easily be added to Elite, only making Elite the best NBA video game experience ever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Realistic Touches That Need To Be Added To Elite 11!

Don't forget traveling....it's been missing for about 3 yrs
Old 05-29-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21

I completely agree with everything both of you have said so far. Minor things that can make a big impact. Rebounding and defense are 2 fundamental areas that need a lot of work, however.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

I agree with everything you said, good post.

I'll add the arena spotlight going around the arena at timeouts, sounds like a small thing but can make a big difference.

Alternate/Retro Warmups based on the jersey chosen, right now its the same for all of them

More cuts to player faces throughout the game, so some work must be done with facial animations. Doesn't take much to notice these things, just watch the games. For example, Pau slicking his hair back and blowing in his hands before free throws

More stat overlays, something Live 08 did very well

Players diving into the stands after loose balls, in fact a better control of diving animations in general

Bring back the decade all star teams, i dont see why they were ever removed

Honestly, i'm hoping the devs are reading these and focusing on aspects of the game that are most important. Too often i see people asking for stuff like All Star Weekend and Skills competitions, but those things are played once or twice and thats it. I think we can all agree we'd rather the focus be on gameplay and dynasty mode, since that is where the bulk of the game is played and bought for

Last edited by Jazza619; 05-29-2010 at 09:00 PM. Reason: a
Old 05-29-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I would also like to see seamless gameplay(no cutscenes)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2010, 02:42 AM   #6
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

team/coaches profiles are a must, to separate teams playstyles

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 05-31-2010, 01:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

I agree with everything said so far, the thing i would like to see the most is EVERYTHING happening in real time, no cutscenes AT ALL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »