Home

Creating the NFL with player rating restrictions. Need your help

This is a discussion on Creating the NFL with player rating restrictions. Need your help within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Creating the NFL with player rating restrictions. Need your help

Hi all,

Some of you might remember my post about creating the NFL a few days back. Unfortunately, since then, we've learned the following:

1.) Up to 11 gold players on team, between offense and defense.
2.) Offensive specialty of passing, rushing, or balanced.
3.) Defensive specialty of blitzing, coverage, or balanced.
4.) Overall team bias of focus, agility, speed, or strength.

That seems to be about it. We can of course change the name, number, and skin color for each player (thankfully). Getting teams to have accurate ratings for their star players might take a few tries. The most important thing when re-creating the NFL will be getting these settings right for each team and giving a general of idea of the 'gold' players. For example:

New England Patriots
Offensive Strength: Passing
Deffensive Strength: Balanced
Team Bias: Focus
Gold Players: 8 (Offense, 5, Brady, Moss, Welker, Mankins, Koppen. Defense, 3, Wilfork, Mayo, Meriweather)

When I get home, I'm going to start playing around with this. My goal is to create all 32 teams as accurately as possible. So, please give me a hand and do this 'team profile' for any teams that you know really well. Keep in mind that you don't NEED to utilize all of the 11 gold players on each team. I would actually contend that many teams don't have any gold players at all. I believe that gold players should be gold no matter what team they play for. Just because a guy's the best player on a terrible team doesn't necessarily make him gold.

Thanks! I look forward to working on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Creating the NFL with player rating restrictions. Need your help

Dallas Cowboys
Offensive Strength: Balanced
Deffensive Strength: Balanced
Team Bias: Strength
Gold Players: 9 (Offense, 5, Romo, Witten, Gurode, Austin, F. Jones. Defense 4 Ware, Ratliff, Jenkins, Brooking [I know a lot of people are going to question Brooking as a gold, but I think he's an important part of the defense. He's definitely stepped up as the leader.])

Last edited by Peregrinity; 05-29-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

Dez Bryant is a gold! :P OKST fan here. :P
Old 05-29-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
Dez Bryant is a gold! :P OKST fan here. :P
I wanted to SOOOOO bad, but I restricted myself. Haha.

I've seen Dez play at every level (HS and College). When I was in HS, our football team played Lufkin. And I saw him play a game at UT. He's amazing.

But unproven, nonetheless. I think after this season, he could definitely be considered a gold player.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
Banned

Houston Texans
Offensive Strength: Passing
Deffensive Strength: Blitzing
Team Bias: Speed
Gold Players: (Offense, 7, A. Johnson, Daniels, Schaub. Defense 4 M. Williams, Ryans, Cushing, Pollard).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrinity
I wanted to SOOOOO bad, but I restricted myself. Haha.

I've seen Dez play at every level (HS and College). When I was in HS, our football team played Lufkin. And I saw him play a game at UT. He's amazing.

But unproven, nonetheless. I think after this season, he could definitely be considered a gold player.
Unfortunately, the proof is in the pudding, with the pudding being solid play at the NFL level. If he can have a Randy Moss-like rookie campaign, he might be a gold player when I do the 2011 NFL rosters for BB

Good suggestions, I'll use this model when creating the Cowboys. I'll have to look into Brooking as a gold, however. I hate to say this but I may be basing some of my decisions about players on Madden ratings from 2010. I might stick to 87+ for golds.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantencza
Unfortunately, the proof is in the pudding, with the pudding being solid play at the NFL level. If he can have a Randy Moss-like rookie campaign, he might be a gold player when I do the 2011 NFL rosters for BB

Good suggestions, I'll use this model when creating the Cowboys. I'll have to look into Brooking as a gold, however. I hate to say this but I may be basing some of my decisions about players on Madden ratings from 2010. I might stick to 87+ for golds.
He's an 85 I think. But like I said, he's the heart and soul of the defense, and the MLB (so team captain) as well as a veteran. Definitely deserves gold status in my opinion.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Offense and defense each can have 11 gold players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »