Home

What are the keys to not sucking at this game?

This is a discussion on What are the keys to not sucking at this game? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
What are the keys to not sucking at this game?

I played 09 and had decent success. I was good at just wearing down my opponent until I went for the submission. Now I find it a lot harder to do. It seems like my opponent will just kick me off with ease every time. Any tips?

Also is there some kind of standing elbow glitch? There is that one guy in our group who has figured out how to knock out anyone in the game with a crappy fighter by just elbowing you non-stop and it's impossible to block or get away from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: What are the keys to not sucking at this game?

1. Learn how to circle constantly, this year you can't stay in front of the opponent or you will get KO'ed or taken down.

2. Learn the sway moves and eventually learn how to punch and sway at the same time.

3. You MUST play to the strength of your character.

4. I wouldn't call it an elbow glitch, it is just elbows cause more damage regardless who it is, just like in real life.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
1. Learn how to circle constantly, this year you can't stay in front of the opponent or you will get KO'ed or taken down.

2. Learn the sway moves and eventually learn how to punch and sway at the same time.

4. I wouldn't call it an elbow glitch, it is just elbows cause more damage regardless who it is, just like in real life.
I kind of disagree with 3. My strengths of my first CAF were submissions and ground fighting. How did I win? Standing up and knocking people out.

Against the AI just stay slightly out of range and let them miss attacks and then just counter. Even with guys who suck standing, you'll get the KO in 1 or 2 rounds.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

the elbow thing people talk about its just people mashin the same button when ur infront of them u can fire off like 3 of them real fast b4 they can do anything

u just gotta be smart u cant mash like 5 buttons in a row i try to do like 2-3 hit combos and finish with a leg kick and if they do throw elbows like crazy just time it and u can tag them real good
Old 05-30-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
I kind of disagree with 3. My strengths of my first CAF were submissions and ground fighting. How did I win? Standing up and knocking people out.

Against the AI just stay slightly out of range and let them miss attacks and then just counter. Even with guys who suck standing, you'll get the KO in 1 or 2 rounds.
Well, that's the strength of every fighter in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2010, 11:15 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

Number 3 is definitely false.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:41 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Why have all my stats gone to zero ? I'm only on my 4th pro fight and everytime I finish sparring it takes me to the screen to add my points that I earned and every time they get lower and now everything went to zero......

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »