Home

Madded 11 Franchise!

This is a discussion on Madded 11 Franchise! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
ymd
Banned

OVR: 1
Madded 11 Franchise!

Nothing bothered me more than last years franchise mode. I'm not much of an online guy due to cheesers/glitchers and franchise is the only mode I use.
Last year was absolutely frustrating. Here are my issues from last years franchise game.

- Players mysteriously dissapearing during games.

- Tackle stats! They blamed this on a "title mistake". How does a billion dollar corperation have this happen? The tackle stats absolutely ruined Madden for me. Assists + Solo = Total! How hard was that? It was frustrating watching your stud MLB have 81 tackles in a season while Patrick Willis was dropping 151 tackles. And then it took them until JAN/FEB for the patch to release to cut down on the tackles instead of fixing them.

- Scouting/Drafting. It was simply too easy. Getting 4 A prospects along with 3 B prospects isn't fun as you can simply rebuilt your team from a 1-15 team to a Superbowl team in one freaken draft. Also the whole generated players thing ruined the replay value.

- Runningback Stats. I had EIGHT players with 2000+ rushing yards...EIGHT. While half of the league was dropping 6.0+ ypc. It was an absolute disaster.

- Quarterback stats. Having 3 players drop 40+ TD's is not normal every single year and half of the league above 100.00 QB Rating was silly.

- Sack totals. I had Dwight Freeney break the stats record every single year. Legit.

- Pancake blocks. Get rid of this please. I had Matt Light get 3 total pancake blocks in a season while every single other LT had 20+. Its a poor stat to use for Pro-Bowls ect.

- Hall of Fame. I have NEVER seen a O-Lineman get into the HOF. Ever.

- Player Bio's. It took them until Jan/Feb to put in where a player was drafted. So you had no idea who was a gem or who was a 1st round pick.
Also add in past pro-bowls and Superbowl winners for each player.

- Franchise showcase. If I'm in year 8 I would like to see the past history of my franchise. Show Superbowl trophies or regular season records.

- CPU's horrendous TO management. It ALWAYS happens. When inside the 2 min warning regardless of field position the CPU will ALWAYS take a TO in either 1min remaining, 40 seconds remaining or 20 seconds remaining. Mix it up!

- PROGRESSION. This is basically THE Franchise. It made no sense that my rookie RB had 17 TD's but only went up 2 points while my RB on the bench went up by 7.

All that I'd ask is for the Devs or someone in EA to PLEASE simulate multiple seasons in franchise mode and see what happens. It is absolutely ridiculous that so many bugs/stat problems happened when every single player had them. No way they could have missed it. Absolutely no way. I don't want to wait 3-4 months waiting for a patch again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madded 11 Franchise!

Gotta admit, that's quite a bit wrong with a pretty shallow franchise mode.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:35 PM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well it wasn't all good last year. But I'm sure Josh Looman and his small crew has worked on this stuff this year. Hopefully it will work right this time. Who knows at this point. There has not been no blogs on offline franchise mode yet. Hopefully we will get info within the next few weeks before " cough" E3 weekend "cough".
Old 05-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Great list. Aside from not having full offseason rosters, IR, and RFAs, this pretty much sums up everything that needs fixed in franchise mode.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymd
Nothing bothered me more than last years franchise mode. I'm not much of an online guy due to cheesers/glitchers and franchise is the only mode I use.
Last year was absolutely frustrating. Here are my issues from last years franchise game.

- Players mysteriously dissapearing during games.

- Tackle stats! They blamed this on a "title mistake". How does a billion dollar corperation have this happen? The tackle stats absolutely ruined Madden for me. Assists + Solo = Total! How hard was that? It was frustrating watching your stud MLB have 81 tackles in a season while Patrick Willis was dropping 151 tackles. And then it took them until JAN/FEB for the patch to release to cut down on the tackles instead of fixing them.

- Scouting/Drafting. It was simply too easy. Getting 4 A prospects along with 3 B prospects isn't fun as you can simply rebuilt your team from a 1-15 team to a Superbowl team in one freaken draft. Also the whole generated players thing ruined the replay value.

- Runningback Stats. I had EIGHT players with 2000+ rushing yards...EIGHT. While half of the league was dropping 6.0+ ypc. It was an absolute disaster.

- Quarterback stats. Having 3 players drop 40+ TD's is not normal every single year and half of the league above 100.00 QB Rating was silly.

- Sack totals. I had Dwight Freeney break the stats record every single year. Legit.

- Pancake blocks. Get rid of this please. I had Matt Light get 3 total pancake blocks in a season while every single other LT had 20+. Its a poor stat to use for Pro-Bowls ect.

- Hall of Fame. I have NEVER seen a O-Lineman get into the HOF. Ever.

- Player Bio's. It took them until Jan/Feb to put in where a player was drafted. So you had no idea who was a gem or who was a 1st round pick.
Also add in past pro-bowls and Superbowl winners for each player.

- Franchise showcase. If I'm in year 8 I would like to see the past history of my franchise. Show Superbowl trophies or regular season records.

- CPU's horrendous TO management. It ALWAYS happens. When inside the 2 min warning regardless of field position the CPU will ALWAYS take a TO in either 1min remaining, 40 seconds remaining or 20 seconds remaining. Mix it up!

- PROGRESSION. This is basically THE Franchise. It made no sense that my rookie RB had 17 TD's but only went up 2 points while my RB on the bench went up by 7.

All that I'd ask is for the Devs or someone in EA to PLEASE simulate multiple seasons in franchise mode and see what happens. It is absolutely ridiculous that so many bugs/stat problems happened when every single player had them. No way they could have missed it. Absolutely no way. I don't want to wait 3-4 months waiting for a patch again.
Man Ive been asking EA to put all players that go to the superbowl it should let you know in each players award history by saying 2011 superbowl champion and so forth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Gotta admit, that's quite a bit wrong with a pretty shallow franchise mode.

OMG thank you for saying it, saved me the trouble.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:32 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

Franchise needs to be more in depth:

- OTA's and such
- Practice squad additions
- Actual practices
- Position battles (decided by the user)

etc
Old 05-30-2010, 09:47 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 26

All they did was give it a facial makeover...now lets get some engine in this mustang so we can start driving some fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »