Home

Jiminez Attributes

This is a discussion on Jiminez Attributes within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Jiminez Attributes

Ok, i know most people do not like to edit the attributes based on only a few games, but we are looking at two months of pure domination.

My question is, for his pitches, specifically the fastball(s) he throws, where there is so much break vertically and horizontaly what pitch should this be and what attributes should he have for his pitches.

Also where do you think his K/9 should be and the others in this category.

Enjoy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Jiminez Attributes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteLordz
Ok, i know most people do not like to edit the attributes based on only a few games, but we are looking at two months of pure domination.

My question is, for his pitches, specifically the fastball(s) he throws, where there is so much break vertically and horizontaly what pitch should this be and what attributes should he have for his pitches.

Enjoy

His main FB should be the 2 seamer. Although it has some vertical movement the 2 seam has some downward and and horizontal movement all in one.

His K/9 should be bumped up about 5-7 points and his H/9 as well.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
Rookie

The problem is he has a 4 seam fastball that slides, not so much that it runs... and he also has a two seam fastball in addition to that.

i know break doesn't do anything to the four seam fastball, at least i don't think it does when i was playing around with it.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
The problem is he has a 4 seam fastball that slides, not so much that it runs... and he also has a two seam fastball in addition to that.

i know break doesn't do anything to the four seam fastball, at least i don't think it does when i was playing around with it.
Contrary to public belief the 4 seam does break. If you have a pitcher who throws over 95 mph, and you throw it high in the zone it will break up. In real life you saw this with Nolan Ryan, and in the game I always see it with Jonathon Broxton. As for ratings I would give him a 98 K Rating, 99 H/9 Rating, and a 90 HR/9 Rating. It's hard to judge his stamina and base on balls rating, but he is the best pitcher in baseball by far.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
Rookie

Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't a 99 rating on h/9 a bad thing ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't a 99 rating on h/9 a bad thing ?
No 99 is the highest you can get.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:

Enjoy

For pitches I have
Running Fastball: 99(Speed), 74 (Control), 97 (Break)...(These are Ratings)
Sweeping Curve: 99,77,96
Slider:81,67,88
Changeup:0,61,81
Sinker:99,62,83

Ratings:
Stamina:99
Pitching Clutch:86
H/9:97
HR/9:89
K/9:98
BB/9:71
Old 06-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417alum
Contrary to public belief the 4 seam does break. If you have a pitcher who throws over 95 mph, and you throw it high in the zone it will break up. In real life you saw this with Nolan Ryan, and in the game I always see it with Jonathon Broxton. As for ratings I would give him a 98 K Rating, 99 H/9 Rating, and a 90 HR/9 Rating. It's hard to judge his stamina and base on balls rating, but he is the best pitcher in baseball by far.
Not to get super technical but your statement of the "break" of a four seamer is only partially true. The ball does not actually rise, it just falls at a lesser rate. The increased backspin decreases the rate at which the pitch falls. So it appears to rise to the hitter. Nonetheless it can be super nasty spin if combined with high velocity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »