Home

Brett Farve ....

This is a discussion on Brett Farve .... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Brett Farve ....

im unsure if this thread goes here but ....

y is it that Brett Farve had the best Season of his Career last season ... but yet he has been rated better in past games?..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 11:41 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Brett Farve ....

Sometimes the team you are makes you look better then you actually are.

But he looked A LOT better then his play with the JETS. He didn't tend to just throw the ball out there like Brett likes to do.

He has to be the luckiest QB I have ever seen play the game. Maybe his next career should be playing Texas Holdem professionally or something.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:42 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

That's a good question, He has been a 97, 95, 94 etc but to be honest it seems its because of the drama and age he brings.

Think of it like this......He had the best year of his career , and still is not a top 5 QB in the nfl.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

He was doing extremely well but i think it might have been the stretched ratings that affected why he didn't get a 95+ rating like other years. Also as stux pointed out his team had a lot to do with his success.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by king525
He was doing extremely well but i think it might have been the stretched ratings that affected why he didn't get a 95+ rating like other years. Also as stux pointed out his team had a lot to do with his success.
i forgot all about these this jus might be the answer to my question ur a life saver!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #6
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by king525
Didn't he have a shoulder (arm) surgery that he'd been putting off for years last year?
Old 06-10-2010, 12:18 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

The ratings on QB is just basically going off comparison .

If example Rodgers , Rivers, and Brady are a 94 or 95.
Those 3 are all better QB's then Favre even though oddly he had a better season . And that is being part of a great Offensive Unit. But Favre won't be rated close to any of them for that fact.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:30 AM   #8
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Because when he won an MVP and played in two superbowls, something he did not do last year, he was younger, had more arm strength and mobility. OVR is just that, a rating of your overall. Favre was great last year, a super hero. However, Bret Favre in his prime was Superbowl winning league MVP Bret Favre. This is one player where experience only goes so far. Part of Favre's magic is his ability to improvize and pure luck. There was a special about favre's backups by NFL films a few years ago. In that special Matt Hasselbeck talked about a time with Holmgren made two tapes. One tape was of Favre highlights. the second tape was of interceptions. They showed the same thing. Favre is a gun slinger. He takes risks and makes plays. He is exciting to watch play. That's why we "all love Bret Favre." remove yourself from team hatred, and tell me that Favre isn't fun to watch. I hate that he beat my 49ers in the playoffs, but darnit is he good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »