Home

Ultimate Team in NHL11?

This is a discussion on Ultimate Team in NHL11? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2010, 03:27 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Ultimate Team in NHL11?

Madden started this and it was ok not a real popular or big mode, imo. Fifa did it and it is hugely popular and successful. Works well because of all the leagues in soccer and buying packs is quite addicting and fun. NHL11 will have the CHL, AHL, obviously the NHL, and all the Euro Leagues (hopefully KHL too, i dont think so though). So there will be enough players to have ultimate team and I think it would work extremely well for a hockey game. Do you guys think it will be in NHL11, I heard a rumour it could be, but who knows. What do ya think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Ultimate Team in NHL11?

Not familiar with this, I'm guessing it's essentially a team of the best players in the league? I could see that causing a debate/dispute.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

It's a game mode in which you play games against either the CPU or against other users online, and win points that you can use to either buy packs of new player cards (ranked bronze, silver, gold or platinum) or you can head to the auction area and try to win specific cards. Each player's card you get has a certain number of games, or contract, that you can use them for. It's an addictive game mode where you (if you don't spend money) try to slowly level up your team, working from scrubs to all-stars, while still making sure you always have enough players to play a game.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelcitysn1per
Madden started this and it was ok not a real popular or big mode, imo. Fifa did it and it is hugely popular and successful. Works well because of all the leagues in soccer and buying packs is quite addicting and fun. NHL11 will have the CHL, AHL, obviously the NHL, and all the Euro Leagues (hopefully KHL too, i dont think so though). So there will be enough players to have ultimate team and I think it would work extremely well for a hockey game. Do you guys think it will be in NHL11, I heard a rumour it could be, but who knows. What do ya think?
Fifa actually started this, the Madden followed.

Quite a good chance we might see it this year
Old 06-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94
It's a game mode in which you play games against either the CPU or against other users online, and win points that you can use to either buy packs of new player cards (ranked bronze, silver, gold or platinum) or you can head to the auction area and try to win specific cards. Each player's card you get has a certain number of games, or contract, that you can use them for. It's an addictive game mode where you (if you don't spend money) try to slowly level up your team, working from scrubs to all-stars, while still making sure you always have enough players to play a game.
Sounds neat, and Littman did say in an interview that they have borrowed a game mode from another EA team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06woz
Sounds neat, and Littman did say in an interview that they have borrowed a game mode from another EA team.
Nice sounds like it will be in the game then possibly. Madden kind of butchered it but it doesn't really work well with american football. Soccer and Hockey it is a goldmine.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:44 PM   #7
Rookie

who knows
Old 06-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #8
Pro

sharks's Arena

OVR: 11

I have never tried this in FIFA or Madden. I am hoping the new game mode is online franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »