Home

Madden 11: Re-Rating All Players After Release?

This is a discussion on Madden 11: Re-Rating All Players After Release? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Madden 11: Re-Rating All Players After Release?

So I'm not really too sure where a thread like this goes, so I figured I'd post it here in the rosters, since this seems like the most appropriate place...

I was thinking about completely re-rating every player in the game after release...stretching out the ratings as much as I find feasible...having 50 being the "average" rating (since 50 is the average of 1-99)...my question is, has anyone tried this on any other Maddens? How did it turn out with respect to gameplay? My concern is that I'll stretch out the ratings to be quite realistic (again, 50 is an AVERAGE player, 80s are pro bowlers, 90s are the ELITE), and the gameplay will be horrendous...EA tunes the gameplay around their ratings, I'm sure, and I just don't want someone with average accuracy to throw errant passes every time he drops back...in Madden 50 (again, AVERAGE) is a terrible rating, when it should be what many of the backups and third stringers have as most of their ratings (not necessarily throw power, but you get the idea)...

So I guess my question is: has anyone tried to stretch out the ratings using 50 as the median/average rating, and if so, how was gameplay affected?

If I get Madden 11, I may just try this...and hope for the best.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 02:20 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 11: Re-Rating All Players After Release?

That's an interesting theory. Couple of things to think about.

Will there actually be any players LOWER than 50's? Like much lower? Obviously, if a player is in the NFL, they can't be TOO BAD. Otherwise, they wouldn't be in the league.

Also, what system? If you decide to make it, I'd like to take a look at it, and fool around with it, but I have a PS3.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

You could always just do it with two teams first, take the Colts with an elite QB and the Bills Cards with an average one, and see how it plays out. Could save you some time if it turns out it's unplayable.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

It'd be PS3 (my 360 had hardware failure, but not RROD)...and the only people that I think would be under 50 would be camp bodies...players that really have no chance of really playing, but may sneak onto a roster for depth or something...mostly REALLY bad free agents would probably be in the 40s...but I agree, I don't think anyone would have a 12 OVR...well, maybe Favre.

...nah, definitely Jamarcus Russell.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 06-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan21
You could always just do it with two teams first, take the Colts with an elite QB and the Bills Cards with an average one, and see how it plays out. Could save you some time if it turns out it's unplayable.
good idea.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I re rate every team every year, having it a little more stretched than Madden. I have starters in the 60's on some teams. I have considered stretching it out more, but have not decided if I should do it or not. Basically I have a formula that I use to drop players down. I would just do it twice.
Example
If a 97 gets bumped down to a 94 (which was my origonal formula). Well I bump all 94s down to 91. So all 97s would be a 91. I have 90 = 85. Its really complicated but yeah. I am definitely considering doing this maybe for Madden 12.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:46 PM   #7
CQI
Rookie

OVR: 3

Once you go through the first year in franchise, won't the incoming rookies be much better? Can you re-rate those? Or does it stay skewed from that point on?
Old 06-30-2010, 02:48 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
good idea.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar...
Michael Scott for the win. haha I love The Office!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »