Home

Passing Difficulty: Would This Work?

This is a discussion on Passing Difficulty: Would This Work? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Could this Idea Work?
Yes, sounds like a good idea 4 57.14%
No, won't work/sounds confusing/stupid 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2010, 04:29 AM   #1
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Passing Difficulty: Would This Work?

I'm at work right now and a brilliant (well to me at least) idea just popped into my head. Now I've read everyone wanting a vision cone (Madden) or CBS to play tighter without being mind readers to help make passing a little more realistic or harder.

Now I was reading an Awareness thread on here and came up with a suggestion. I know the game is probably done but I just wanna throw this out there for an idea for next year.

We all know that before and during a play icons are above eligible recievers heads. What if, based on your QB's awareness, their were no icons above the head before the play. Now to combat memorizing where an icons are maybe have icons for the recievers to happen at random. So maybe instead of your 'square' icon (PS3) always on one side maybe it'll pop up on the opposite side on the slot reciever once the ball is snapped.

For QBs with a higher awareness during preplay you can see your 'hot route' recievers icon. As they move up in awareness (experience in NCAA) maybe more preplay icons are 'unlocked'.

What do you guys think? If you can add to this please do? Constructive criticism is welcomed as well. This is just a simple idea that could add some fun into the passing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 04:38 AM   #2
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Passing Difficulty: Would This Work?

It's not a new idea, but it's one I've always liked. I'm not really a fan of vision cones or other gimmicks to give awareness meaning. I'd rather see this, or something where a QB with high awareness can maybe read part of the defense or have more audibles available to him. Maybe have the controller start to rumble when the pass rush is getting near. Things that enhance the gameplay, not dominate it.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:42 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

I love the idea, but it would suck to be a smaller school because you could never make any hot routes.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm not a big fan of changing where the icons are. It's become instinct now to press a certain button to throw to a certain reciever, and I think it would mess with that too much.

My idea for awareness is for a quarterback with high awareness be better at maybe throwing a pass where only the reciever could catch it. I know it sounds like just accuracy, but it would be like knowing when to lead a reciever or lob it over a LB or CB's head. A qb with high awareness would make up for a few mistakes on the user's part, whereas a QB with low awareness would require the user to rely on placing their passes carefully on their own.

That's just my idea for how awareness could actually have an affect on a user-controlled QB
Old 06-30-2010, 06:03 AM   #5
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue65
I'm not a big fan of changing where the icons are. It's become instinct now to press a certain button to throw to a certain reciever, and I think it would mess with that too much.

My idea for awareness is for a quarterback with high awareness be better at maybe throwing a pass where only the reciever could catch it. I know it sounds like just accuracy, but it would be like knowing when to lead a reciever or lob it over a LB or CB's head. A qb with high awareness would make up for a few mistakes on the user's part, whereas a QB with low awareness would require the user to rely on placing their passes carefully on their own.

That's just my idea for how awareness could actually have an affect on a user-controlled QB

That sounds alot more like accuracy than awareness. And by playing this year's demo accuracy seems alot more improved (or more errant passes) than prior year's games.

And the purpose would be to get people outta remembering where the icons are already. Cheesy tactic players who scramble out of the pocket the moment the ball is snapped will have a hard time doing it if they don't know where the icons are. It would make people 'make reads' in a sense as well. No more slant routes constantly as people would have to really be on their game to react to that window of opprotunity.

Thanks for your response/idea though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 06:11 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
That sounds alot more like accuracy than awareness. And by playing this year's demo accuracy seems alot more improved (or more errant passes) than prior year's games.

And the purpose would be to get people outta remembering where the icons are already. Cheesy tactic players who scramble out of the pocket the moment the ball is snapped will have a hard time doing it if they don't know where the icons are. It would make people 'make reads' in a sense as well. No more slant routes constantly as people would have to really be on their game to react to that window of opprotunity.

Thanks for your response/idea though.
I see where you are coming from with users not being able to just scramble around and instinctively know which reciever is which. The problem is, some qb's are most dangerous and make the best plays when they are scrambling out of the pocket and on the move. I'm not sure how to factor that in, but I like where your idea is coming from
Old 06-30-2010, 08:07 AM   #7
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Sort of like those that are champions for Dreads... I won't sleep until I can throw the football anywhere on the field. So unless the system gives me that I won't be happy..

With that said I like the idea mainly because it does add a bit of difficulty. I still want the ability to throw anywhere though.....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »