Home

This is YOUR CHANCE to make a difference in Madden Ratings!

This is a discussion on This is YOUR CHANCE to make a difference in Madden Ratings! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2010, 04:32 AM   #1
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
This is YOUR CHANCE to make a difference in Madden Ratings!

Hey guys,

I want to first formally introduce myself to the forum. I have posted a bit but not much.

The reason I am here is seeing what you all do not like or like about the current ratings system. I have recently taken over the old FBGratings website from Brian Hitterman and The SportsXchange. The website is:

www.fbgratings.com/members

...for those of you who want to check it out. Due to the NextGen Madden games, I am updating everything on the site. However, I would like to hear some of your input on how you would like the ratings to be calculated using the current Madden 10/11 system. For example how do you think the speed of a player should be determined? How about his strength, etc.?

The goal is to rate the players BETTER than the guys at EA so the website can garner enough notoriety that EA would consider using the system at FBGratings. The owners of the site all agree that we can do a better job than Ian and company...so we are going to try and do it. In fact, the owner, Frank Cooney, still has strong ties to John Madden and his daughter, who currently runs the Madden gaming world in LA.

I have nearly unlimited resources including combine data dating back to the 1980s, pro day data to 2004, and profiles for over 17,000 present NFL players. So please let me know some of your thoughts. This could be a chance to make a big difference in the Madden ratings system.

Please note that the site is not up to date. It is 3 years out of date. There are a total of 17008 players in the database and it takes some time to get through it. As of right now only 5648 have been updated to their offseason rating. This is only about 1/3 of the total players. These are players with the last names beginning with A, B, some C, E, I, most J, N, O, P, Q, U, V, W, X, Y, and Z.

Thanks,
Dan B.
www.fbgratings.com/members

Last edited by DCEBB2001; 07-02-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 04:44 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: This is YOUR CHANCE to make a difference in Madden Ratings!

please give everyone a 99 swagger rating. thank you
Old 07-02-2010, 04:47 AM   #3
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

I take it that is sarcasm because your post in the "Swagger" thread claims that it is the most ridiculous thing EA has ever added in Madden.

Some more constructive thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:51 AM   #4
Banned

thanks for reading
Old 07-02-2010, 04:54 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

I think that sounds like a great idea!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 04:57 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by *_2k11_*
I think that sounds like a great idea!
you too?!?
Old 07-02-2010, 05:33 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I don't know who you are but this site is definetly something I'll be utilizing on a daily basis.......

This just helped me big time for my NCAA Rosters i create every year makes it easier to find all the players now.

I just have one question when you say data dating back to the 80's does that mean you have information on a player such as Drew Pearson or Tony Hill per say?

Thanks for posting this thread

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-02-2010 at 05:37 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:49 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

Wow. I don't know how I feel about Romo being rated an 82, lower than Vince Young, Jason Campbell, Kyle Orton, David Garrard, and a bunch of other guys. That's just ridiculous. And Ware should be the best LB in the game. 20 sacks. COME ON! :-P

Very disappointing/discouraging. Someone must not like the Cowboys very much. :-p Romo is definitely NOT worse than half the QB's you have rated above him. Ugh. That's just ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »