Home

Working on slider settings for Heisman...

This is a discussion on Working on slider settings for Heisman... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 17
Working on slider settings for Heisman...

Ok, so first off, I haven't used any other teams besides Michigan State and Penn State the entire game, but for a Pro style offense on Heisman, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PASS.

Now maybe I just haven't gotten comfortable with the new system, but there are WAY too many errant throws coming from the user QB, DBs will always cover your out routes (hardest route to cover in real life IMO) and the only pass play I have been able to run with consistency is the slant pattern.

I have made a few adjustments but I am not done as I have only played about 7 games total.

Here are the adjustments I have made so far:

Human:
QB Accuracy: 50 -> 70
WR Catching: 50 -> 60
Run Blocking: 50 -> 60 (Way too many D-Lineman breaking into the backfield)
Pass Rush: 50 -> 60
I am probably going to have to change a bit more, but I have just touched on the most glaring weaknesses.

CPU
QB Accuracy: 50 -> 45
Pass Blocking: 50 -> 40
Pass Coverage: 50 -> 35
Interceptions: 50 -> 30

These sliders ARE PENDING IMPLEMENTATION so don't use them until I can make updates (unless of course you have had the same thoughts about the game)

I will be updating them soon.
Georgia Bulldogs
Miami Hurricanes

Teambuilder ID: ttrojan2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Working on slider settings for Heisman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tswiatkowski
Ok, so first off, I haven't used any other teams besides Michigan State and Penn State the entire game, but for a Pro style offense on Heisman, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PASS.

Now maybe I just haven't gotten comfortable with the new system, but there are WAY too many errant throws coming from the user QB, DBs will always cover your out routes (hardest route to cover in real life IMO) and the only pass play I have been able to run with consistency is the slant pattern.

I have made a few adjustments but I am not done as I have only played about 7 games total.

Here are the adjustments I have made so far:

Human:
QB Accuracy: 50 -> 70
WR Catching: 50 -> 60
Run Blocking: 50 -> 60 (Way too many D-Lineman breaking into the backfield)
Pass Rush: 50 -> 60
I am probably going to have to change a bit more, but I have just touched on the most glaring weaknesses.

CPU
QB Accuracy: 50 -> 45
Pass Blocking: 50 -> 40
Pass Coverage: 50 -> 35
Interceptions: 50 -> 30

These sliders ARE PENDING IMPLEMENTATION so don't use them until I can make updates (unless of course you have had the same thoughts about the game)

I will be updating them soon.
I wholeheartedly agree with the bolded part. Slants and posts seem to be the only routes where guys will get open without that strange mirroring animation. Hopefully, this set of yours will work well. Will be keeping track of any updates you might make.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
Rookie

Ok, so the game also will force fumbles against you when you are doing too well. As far as I have seen, there is an improvement with passing, at the very least my QB will not miss on slant patterns and throw it straight to a safety. I am currently trying to adjust for the fumble disparity...
Georgia Bulldogs
Miami Hurricanes

Old 07-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
Rookie

BobVila's Arena

OVR: 1

I agree with you tswiatkowski. The slants are also the only routes that are working for me as well. The defensive backs are all over me. I have also noticed that making a slight change in some of the sliders have too dramatic of an effect. Just have to keep on tweaking this stuff.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tswiatkowski
Ok, so the game also will force fumbles against you when you are doing too well. As far as I have seen, there is an improvement with passing, at the very least my QB will not miss on slant patterns and throw it straight to a safety. I am currently trying to adjust for the fumble disparity...
Honestly these sliders are pretty much spot-on. I'm having great games already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Thanks for the support. Ive been having better games throwing the ball as well, but the challenge doesnt drop too much as a whole. Any suggestions are welcome as I am not perfect and am open to suggestions to make my experience (and yours) a better one
Georgia Bulldogs
Miami Hurricanes

Old 07-13-2010, 06:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Havn't tried a game yet on Heisman but these sliders looks promising. I'll try them out and let you know what I think next time I play
Old 07-13-2010, 06:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

On default, I feel like either HUM Pass blocking isnt good enough or the CPU pass rush is waaay too good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »