Home

How did this get past the development cycle?

This is a discussion on How did this get past the development cycle? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
Banned

Indian Joe's Arena

OVR: 9
How did this get past the development cycle?

There are just a few things that piss me off whilst playing this otherwise great game. I've played 20 games and this stuff happens every single time.

1. You CAN NOT play pass defense against the CPU.
Let me elaborate: Pass coverage DOESN'T WORK. I've played countless games and have yet to hold the CPU to under 300 yards passing. I play dime or quarters the whole game, use man and zone, changed the sliders. NOTHING WORKS. It's ridiculous.

2. D-Line deflecting the pass. It's ********. Every single time.

3. CPU running. This happens when the CPU runs the ball, primarily up the middle and on QB scrambles. It's like there's a forcefield around their guy. He'll literally bounce off my defenders OR they won't make an attempt to reach out and grab him. I can't put it in words how mad this makes me.

4. Kick/punt returns. I have yet to return a punt more than 5 yards or a kickoff past the 25 yard line. I've even put my fastest player (98 spd) in and I get the same results.

That's my rant. Surely you've noticed the same things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
Rookie

coachk75's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How did this get past the development cycle?

No I haven't. Have not noticed any of these problems actually. I play my dynasty with the worst team on the game, Eastern Michigan, and have held teams under 250 yards passing. I don't have the problem with tackles and punt & kick returns actually seem easier to return in this year's game to me.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 16

I completely disagree with your rant. You have two options, and use them well: (1) SLIDERS (2) CHANGE DIFFICULTY

I've played a few full games on Varsity and AA level and have fallen in love with the CPU passing game. They miss throws, not deflected or dead ducks but legit missed throws, and have held them to under 200 yards in several games. I have had no problem with AI passing or AI pass defense.

CPU running I have a problem with, but not for your reasons. In my experience the CPU runners just don't get enough yards or break enough tackles. I've held the CPU consistantly under 100 yards rushing.

As for punting and KR keep practicing. There are several threads of people with lots of success returning.

In all, just change up the difficulty or sliders. Post in Playmakers slider thread for suggestions on making things more difficult or easier for you. In my opinion though, it is NOT the game that's at fault here. Although I do agree some things need to be patched.
#1 Rule of Sliders: Realism is Relative
Old 07-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3

The only one of the problems you listed that I have is the kickoff returns. And I'm pretty terrible.

Oh, one thing that does piss me off about this game is the RIDICULOUS return of comeback AI, but to all new highs. Comeback AI in this game is the worst part of this game.

Last edited by NaptownMVP; 07-16-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Numbers 1 through 3 I have not experienced. Who are you playing as and which teams are you playing against? I mean I've only played two games and both games I have done great against the pass. I have also never seen the defensive line tip a single pass yet. So it's not really a rampant issue. Same with number 3. If he's a good RB, then he'll break tackles. Otherwise, no real issues yet.

Punt returns have been a little rough, but after I upped the CPU punt power a little bit, it gave me some breathing room and I've been able to get some punt returns going back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
Banned

Indian Joe's Arena

OVR: 9

You haven't noticed the opposing QB with a stat line similar to 29/30 350 yds 4 TDs? I've been playing with a slightly better team (OU) and I have literally not been able to stop the pass. I'm not a n00b at the game, but it's ridiculous.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:09 PM   #7
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

I would have to disagree with your rant as well. I have been able to hold offenses to under 150 yards passing on a number of occasions. I am playing on AA by the way.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

I have seen issue #3; its like the parting of the red sea sometimes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »