Home

NCAA11 Off-Line Dynasty Progress

This is a discussion on NCAA11 Off-Line Dynasty Progress within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 02:23 AM   #1
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Icon4 NCAA11 Off-Line Dynasty Progress

Discuss your offline dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 02:28 AM   #2
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: NCAA11 Off-Line Dynasty Progress

So I am using Virginia Tech, and am ranked #4 overall. I've made it through wk9, and am 8-0 getting ready to play #9 Georgia Tech.

I set the recruiting difficulty to All-American, and it has been HARD to pull recruits. The highest caliber recruit I've signed through 9 weeks is a 4-star MLB out of VA. My recruiting board is a shell of itself compared to what is was upon starting the season. I like the challenge though.

Tyrod Taylor is having an amazing year. He currently is slated as the 5th Heisman hopeful. He has 15 passing TDs to 1 INT, and has 6 rushing TDs. Though he hasn't passed for over 300 yards yet nor has he rushed for 100. Need a couple of BIG yard games, but I'll settle for not turning it over and going undefeated.

Update again soon...
Old 07-18-2010, 03:39 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

I am in year 2 of my Idaho dynasty. In my 1st year I went 9-3 through the regular season losing to Nebraska, Boise State, and Fresno State. Ended up getting into a bowl game but can't remember which one but got stomped by texas tech.

There was quite a bit of senior talent on my team including my QB, 2 WRs, TE, and my FS who was my best overall player. My recruiting class was nothing special being the 103rd best class but seeing as I was a 1* school recruiting in Idaho what can really be expected.

My top players were:

A QB, Wesly Mays who is 6'5", has 86 arm strength and 69 awareness but only 69 accuracy as well. He is currently starting as a true freshman and is doing decently well.

A junior SS who has 86 speed and 75 hit power and 70 zone coverage. After moving to FS he is a 66 overall and will be redshirting this year but should start next year.

A RT who I moved to LG who is a 66 overall, has 61 speed and 78 acceleration with 78 run block strength and 76 footwork. After redshirting this year he will probably be a starter next year.

And a 6'4" WR with 91 speed and 88 acceleration who if he develops could become a good deep threat.

I also had 2 transfers, a quick little back with good speed and decent moves who is a 78 overall but will only be able to play one season as he is a junior and has already had a redshirt, and a MLB who is 84 overall and a junior and luckily had not had redshirt used yet. He has solid tackling, pursuit, and hard hitting ratings and 78 speed. Those 2 should really boost my team in year 3.

While things are kinda looking up for year 3 things are not looking so hot for year 2 going in. With all the seniors leaving and only one new starter coming in and some very mediocre development my team has dropped from being a C to being a D.

Despite a lack of talent with a somewhat weak schedule early on we jumped out to 4-0 before losing to San diego state. We are now 6-2, 4-1 in conference also losing to north carolina and with key wins against fresno state and hawaii. Utah state is coming up next and should be an easy enough win followed by one of the toughest games on my schedule against boise state.

My recruiting class looks to have the full 25 commitments when all is said and done being filled about half and half each with 2* and 3* recruits. I already have 8 signed and the other 17 have me listed as their top choice with only 3 of them having other scholarship offers. I am pretty excited to see a HB with A- speed and another back with B- trucking and C+ break tackle. Also I have a few solid Olinemen and a pair of LBs who I am pretty excited about. If I can get by with only 1 or 2 more losses this year next year's squad looks good enough to where I should be a competitor in the WAC for the next 4 years.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:17 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

I'm 9-2(6-2) with Kentucky so far. My two losses have come to FL and SC, and I'm about to play UT...how sad if all 3 regular season losses come to the teams UK cannot beat in real life (23 game losing streak to FL, 10 to SC and 25(ugh) to UT)...or you could argue its realistic lol. My schedule so far

@UL W 9-7, good defensive struggle, had a couple of TD's dropped or would have been an easier win.
WKU- I can't remember...I shut them out and scored atleast 40 though.
Akron W 65-13. I turn it over 6 times but still dominate.
@FL L 28-24. I led 14-7, fell behind 28-14, rally to kick a field goal, then score a TD to cut it to 4 and then drive in the redzone with 2 minutes to go only for my QB to throw an INT and have FL run out the clock...great game though...and this only began the "FUN" SEC games I had.
@ Ole Miss 29-21. This game wasn't as close as the final...I think I was up 26-14 and they scored a garbage TD late and I recovered onside kick and tacked on a field goal for the final margin.
Auburn...39-37. Wow, this was the beginning of a wild and TOUGH 3 game homestand for UK. I fell behind 14-0, only to rally to score to cut it to 24-23 at the end of the third and then went for 2...and GOT IT! I then got up 32-24 and eventually was up 39-30 after I decided to run it up instead of kneeling...then of course my crappy defense gives up a hail mary from robo QB on Auburn but I get the onsides and hang on.
South Carolina Loss, 42-35. Wow, this has to be the best game I've had in my NCAA history and I lost! It was raining...I fell behind 28-7, and 3 TD's for SC were pick 6's! I benched Morgan Newton and put in my back up Hartline...and we drove to the redzone where he threw a pick...so 6 picks...game over right?! Not so fast my friend! I pick off SC on their first play and then throw a pass to the back of the endzone and my WR works and gets his feet down...so 28-14. I get a D stop...score again, 28-21. Now I'm thinking I have a chance...since I knocked out their starting QB in Garcia, and I have only given up one TD to SC all day on offense...but they get a lucky 60 yard TD pass. I then respond with a quick scoring drive and get a 49 bomb to Derrick Locke, my RB, and cut the score to 35-28. I stop SC after they get a couple of first downs and drive...the drive. I rally my team down inside the 10 and on fourth and goal...I call slants...I roll right as no one is open on the 3 step drop and look back and my slot WR King streaks open in the back of the endzone...I let it go just as I'm about to be hammered and it looks out of his reach but he dives and HE CATCHES IT! TD KENTUCKY! So, without hesitation I go for the tie figuring I'll win it in OT due to their starter at QB being out...but alas, they get a lucky TD when two of my players collide trying to get the INT and their WR bounces off an arm tackle and take it to the house...**** game. My feeling from elation to devastation felt like it was a real game...and as a Kentucky fan, I'm use to not beating SC in real life when we have the better team so it felt right in a sad way...dang Spurrier! LOL
GA W 25-22. I actually led 14-6, but they rallied to take a 22-14 lead, but I tied the score with a minute to go...and then got a fumble off a sack and was able to get into field goal range and win another thriller.
@ MS State, W 34-14. Oh on the road again...I finally get a breather in SEC play. I dominate running the ball with Cobb and Locke and head back home to play a I-AA dormat.
FCS Northwest, W 52-7. Pure domination...basically a bye week they were so bad.
Vandy, W 42-7. I dominated this game from the start...28-0 at the half. Held Vandy to 106 yards. The ironic thing is fellas...this was for the SEC East title!

The weird thing about my dynasty is the weakness and parity of the SEC. FL had 4 losses in conference, SC had 4 losses, UT has 3 already before playing me, GA has ONE SEC Win, and Vandy finished 5-3 in the division while I went 6-2. Craziness. The SEC West was just as weird and insane. Arkansas went 11-1 and 7-1 in the conference to win it...Bama shockingly lost 3 games overall and 6-2 in the SEC. So, it will be Arkansas and Kentucky in the SEC Championship game...so I get to avoid Bama, which is nice due to their insane ratings.

It will be Oklahoma in the national title game against Ohio State most likely, only two undefeated teams. OSU still has to play Wisconsin in the Big XII title game though...I switched the two conferences to make it realistic for the future somewhat.

Overall, I love my dynasty, fun and realistic. Kentucky's defense is suppose to be a weak link and it has been so far...and while some may think I'm scoring too much for UK...we could have a great offense this year if we get solid QB play and I am getting that in my dynasty and got really lucky against Auburn and Georgia and was fortunate to win. Great to see so many close games though so far.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:45 AM   #5
Rookie

livinitup921's Arena

OVR: 4

I finished my 1st season with Minnesota. I ended up with an 8-5 record. I lost to USC, Wisconsin, Penn st. Ohio St and lost to Georgia in the outback bowl.

My MLB Reeves got the best LB award and was an All-American. My LE Jacobs was also an All-American. My starting QB Adam Weber set the school record for passing yards and passing tds in a season but was a senior so he is now gone. My new starting QB is a running QB so my offense will be different in year 2.

I didnt lose too many guys on defense except for both starting safeties so my defense should improve in year 2 from players getting better. My offense is pretty much intact also except for a new QB so hopefully my team improves across the board.

I finished only 61st in recruiting class. Not many good players were interested in me. I got 16 3*, 5 2* and 2 1* recruits. No players stood out in recruiting. I will need better recruits my second year if I want to stay competitive the following years because they are not good recruits.

My starting QB Marqueis Gray has 91 speed and 90 acc with above an 80 in spin move and elusiveness. He is not the best passer but will make up for it with his legs. He is only a junior so i expect to have him for the next 2 years.

Duane Bennett starts at HB again and is a 91 overall..he is a good power back

My other offensive weapon is WR Troy Stoudermire. He is 91 overall with 92 speed and 94 acc.

Reeves is back at MLB at 87 overall with 81 spd and over 80 in tackling.

Should be a fun year 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

Season 1 of my Oregon dynasty, im 6-0 and #2 in the nation. So far, i had 2 nail bitting games, those being against Tennesee and UCLA.. Unfortunately against UCLA my starting QB Senior Nate Costa got a dislocated shoulder and is out for the year. With him out, im going to have to wing it for the rest of the year. After season 1 of Oregon, im going to do a San Jose State dynasty.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #7
Rookie

LC AAU's Arena

http://www.digitalsportscene.com/for...s-dynasty.html

In the link above is my Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles Dynasty. Currently we are 3-2 with wins against Purdue, Kansas, and Lousiana Tech and losses to South Carolina and Marshall. In the second game of the season, we lost Tracy Lampley, our true Sophomore starting running back for 10 weeks, and in the last game I lost my starting QB Austin Davis for the year with a broken shoulder. So pretty much I'm banking on my defense stepping up and they have been so far, granted I've been playing some weak offensive lines in Kansas and Louisiana Tech, but the C-USA isn't that great of a conference so I should continue to get good pressure on other teams.

Our star and one of the main reasons I picked this team DeAndre Brown leads the NCAA in receiving yards with 742 in 5 games. He has great speed, size, and he never drops a ball, it's great. He's not in the Heisman race yet though .

You guys should check out the think, it's a good read
Old 07-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #8
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Doing a Washington State dynasty. Currently in Week 7, ready to take on Arizona. Week 6 was me getting demolished at home by #2 Oregon, 41-13. Their offense ripped my defense to shreds.
I'm 1-4, 0-2 in the Pac-10. Only victory was against Idaho, even that was not an impressive win. Check the link in my sig for full game recaps and such.
It's tough recruiting for WSU, they don't have a whole lot to boast, especially compared to all the other Pac-10 schools.
Jeff Tuel, my starting QB, has thrown 4 TDs and...11 picks. It's been a rough season so far. My star WR Jared Karstetter got injured in the second quarter of the first game of the season, the injury was a broken vertebrae putting him out for the entire year. That was a big loss, especially so early in the year.

Hopefully I can turn things around against Arizona who looks to be struggling quite a bit themselves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »