Home

Dynasty : One Human Per Conference, 2 Days per Game, Be a Writer

This is a discussion on Dynasty : One Human Per Conference, 2 Days per Game, Be a Writer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Dynasty : One Human Per Conference, 2 Days per Game, Be a Writer

The "One Human Per Conference" (OHPC) Dynasty
Dynasty Name : OneHumanPerConference___ Commissioner : Cryofax

Visit our EA Sports Online Dynasty Page for ongoing news, stories, and highlights!

Welcome, college football fans, to my NCAA Football 2011 One Human Per Conference (OHPC) Dynasty for those who like to write! Some of you may recall me ("Cryofax") as being the obsessed guy who would create the insanely complex web pages detailing his other dynasties on last gen with full stats, videos, highlight reels, news stories, etc. And in those days it was no easy task compiling that stuff

I'm thrilled to be able to share a dynasty with some human beings this time around. This may or may not be your cup of tea, but if it is then by all means jump aboard... Here are my dynasty bylaws...

1.) One Human Per Conference : 11 conferences + 1 independent = 12 players. Human vs Human games can take place in 1 OOC game per year, plus any bowls. On some levels this makes it like you're part of 12 "mini-dynasties". With the majority of games taking place vs CPU the dynasty can move along quickly as well.

2.) Be A Writer : I want members to take some time to appreciate the drama and grandeur of the game. Write your game stories and express the finer points of your team's emotional travails. if you're having trouble connecting to dynasty wire etc keep trying. Plenty of people get their stories up and you need to as well. I find it can help if you write the story offline then cut & paste it to the dynasty page so if it doesn't "take" you can just try again. You can write as many stories as you like detailing your team's recruiting, coach interviews, or whatever other news you feel is pertinent to your team in the dynasty.

3.) Maturity : I'm not going to discriminate based on age, but in this dynasty you need to act in a mature manner. Being insulting or obnoxious or generally acting like a hyperactive idiot will get you tossed out.

4.) Restarting/Quitting : There is no leeway here. None. If the game reports you restarted the game it will go down as a automatic loss. If you're playing a human and you quit or get disconnected, it goes down as a loss. If this is a trend for you you will be dropped from the dynasty. I realize there might be that EXTREMELY rare occasion when you really did get dropped for no reason in a close game or one you were winning. It's just something we all have to live with.

5.) Respect the Game : Don't exploit AI glitches, use unrealistic tactics, or otherwise take shortcuts to winning. Such things include going for it on 4th down when any real coach wouldn't, going for 2-point conversions in unnecessary circumstances, using goal line formation at any other place but down by the goal line or when you're inches from a first down. This is not a comprehensive list by any means. If it's not something you'd see in a real game, don't do it.

6.) Highlights : You should save at least one photo and one video highlight per game. I recommend even more (I usually save 3-5 of each per game). These will be used for a year-end highlight reel chronicling the Dynasty's progress.

7.) Settings : All-American, SLOW speed, Threshold 25, 7 minute quarters. Recruiting is set to All-American. We're using a custom slider set you can look at here... I reserve the right to change these as I deem necessary.

8.) Update Interval : The dynasty will advance either every 48 hours (72 in weeks that feature human vs human games), or when everyone has played their games, whichever comes first, but no sooner than every 24 hours. Even if not everyone is READY, if all games are played and it has been at least 24 hours it will be advanced. Which also means if you have a BYE week you should get your recruiting done within 24 hours or before everyone else has gotten their games in. If you don't get your game in within that time frame, it will be simmed.

9.) Schedules : I'll be doing some minor schedule tweaks each year. My goal is to keep every human team at 12 regular season games, and have one OOC game against another human. I'll be aware of home/away, possibly developing rivalries etc. No FCS games, and 6 home games per team.

10.) Rosters : I'm using Fairdale Kings rosters. This names all the players (without changing stats).

Failure to follow the bylaws will result in you being dropped from the dynasty.

I look forward to a dynasty filled with the unique drama and passion that is college football. I'll be adding overall dynasty progress supplementary info like breakdowns, standings, and highlight videos as we go along.

Thank you,

- Cryofax, Commissioner, OHPC Dynasty

Members
ACC ........ Miami ........... A One Man R Me ... A One Man R Me (OS)
Big 12 ..... Texas ........... Chicken Finger ... Chicken Finger (OS)
Big East ... Pitt ............ moneyofthedead ... moneyofthedead (OS)
Big Ten .... Northwestern .... sl0ppywffls ...... sl0ppywffls (OS)
C-USA ...... UCF ............. RedCapedWonder ... RedCapedWonder (OS)
Indepen .... Army . . ........ S1rGoth .......... rebelins313 (OS)
MAC ........ Temple .......... dj dairyfresh .... dj dairyfresh (OS)
MWC ........ San Diego St. ... Tschiltsch ....... RiversIsMyHero (OS)
Pac-10 ..... Stanford ........ PSUCharmas ....... PSUCharmas (OS)
SEC ........ LSU ............. tke857 ........... tke857 (OS)
Sun Belt ... FIU ............. Joshua1207 ....... Joshua1207 (OS)
WAC ........ Utah St. ........ Cryofax .......... Cryofax (OS)

PM me if you'd like to get on the Dynasty waiting list.

LEGEND : OS = Operation Sports

Last edited by Cryofax; 08-11-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Dynasty : One Human Per Conference, 2 Days per Game, Be a Writer

ill roll with LSU

gamer tag: tke857
Old 07-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

A quick update...

Teams currently being used

Utah State (WAC)
Texas (Big 12)
LSU (SEC)
Ohio State (Big Ten)

7 openings left. Some big guns being used so far. Don't be afraid to choose a lesser team (I'm the masochist who chose Utah State) to mix things up
Old 07-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

I would potentially be interested in playing a WAC/MAC/MWC/Sun Belt/C-USA team, but...

I don't like the idea of playing on Heisman. I'm all for All-American with highly adjusted sliders to make it more difficult, and that plays pretty realistic for me generally, but on Heisman, I'll get thrashed, and win, max, 4 games per season, regardless of team.

Also, do you have rosters with names?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...otball-online/
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

EDIT: Disregard this post. I realized doing an OD right now would probably not work out.
:|
FAIL.

Last edited by NoDakHusker; 07-19-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

agreed i think all American would be better.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #8
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsu4life86
agreed i think all American would be better.
Did you guys read the OP? He said it's going to be AA, that it likely won't go to Heisman.
LOL come on guys, look a little harder

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »