Home

Anyone else thing Ranked matches are horrible??

This is a discussion on Anyone else thing Ranked matches are horrible?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 10:56 PM   #1
Rookie

pezone's Arena

OVR: 7
Anyone else thing Ranked matches are horrible??

Let me explain myself, I'm a SIM guy. I like to play the game the way it is called on Saturdays, maybe a trick play every now and then, but nothing like going for it on my own side of the field or trying to take advantage of the game engine.

But, it seems like I'm the only one that plays that way...at least on Ranked matches. In the last couple of days all i've been matched up to are cheesers and noobs.

I'm going to give an example on Defense. THEY ALWAYS CALL THE SAME PLAY!!!! Now I know a lot of people are going to say well if you know what they are calling it should be easier. But not with this game engine. For instance, THEY ALWAYS CALL QUARTER DEFENSE with the Middle LB shadowing the QB.......this would be easy to beat, if my O-Line wouldn't just stare waiting for someone to run into them so they could block them....THEY SHOULD ACTUALLY MOVE FOWARD AND BLOCK SOMEONE!!!!!! Everyone I play, calls this same play over and over again!!! I've beaten a couple of them, but others it's just impossible!!

What happened to playing the game the right way???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Anyone else thing Ranked matches are horrible??

What system do you play on? If its PS3 then we could play sometimes, I play the way your supposed too, atleast I think I do. Haha.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

You can't even get good matches in an FPS game where the whole point is to kill the opponent. They have a perfectly good gun and they want to exploit the system to kill you just a little better than you have a chance of killing them.

And you expect fair play is a sports game?

I would like sim lobbies, but I tend to stay away from online sports games because of the reasons you stated. If you can find them, a good online franchise can be fun. Although I never could stick around for long in the ones I tried in '10.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:14 PM   #4
Rookie

pezone's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoCanadian
What system do you play on? If its PS3 then we could play sometimes, I play the way your supposed too, atleast I think I do. Haha.

sorry buddy, I'm on the XBOX..maybe I should make a change..lol

I play on a franchise, and it's cool and all. But sometimes I just want to prove if I have skills against the world, but apparently to be able to win now you need to cheat the system (the game engine).
Old 07-21-2010, 11:21 PM   #5
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Most people who play the game just want to do things like put up crazy numbers and win every game. It sucks but it is what it is.

Whenever I play a ranked match it's the same thing every time; bounce every run to the outside, scramble around with the qb, run playaction passes in situations where it makes no sense.

It doesn't make any difference to me I get a weird sense of satisfaction frustrating them and making them quit on me before the games over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 11:27 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezone
sorry buddy, I'm on the XBOX..maybe I should make a change..lol

I play on a franchise, and it's cool and all. But sometimes I just want to prove if I have skills against the world, but apparently to be able to win now you need to cheat the system (the game engine).
Ahhh.. I've been looking for people to play against also. Tired of seeing Ohio St. and Miami being used all the dang time. I like playing online because the games are tougher but I hate it when the other guy just scrambles the whole time!
Old 07-21-2010, 11:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Out of the 23 games I have played online I can honestly say that only 4-5 of them have been sim type games. I think I am officially done with ranked games, for awhile anyways, after playing my last opponent. I should have known as soon as he picked the option playbook what I was in for. Proceeded to have the jet sweep called pretty much every single play. No matter what you do eventually you are going to get burned by this play it seems. I ended up losing by 1 after he went for 2 after tying the game, but the whole game was just annoying. Anyways rant over but to the OP what I suggest doing is just some PSN/gamertags of the people on this site to start getting quality games in. Ranked matches bring out the worst in this game and boy does it get bad at times.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:39 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 18

Thats why i dont play online anymore. to many people always go for it on fourth and other dumb stuff. honestly the cpu is more fun. but i never cared for sports online. only online i like is war games.

Carolina Panthers
UNC Tar Heels
SC Gamecocks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »