Home

Custom schedule in Dynasty

This is a discussion on Custom schedule in Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
Rookie

NYYankees42's Arena

OVR: 3
Question Custom schedule in Dynasty

do you guys create custom schedules or do you play with the defaults? If you do create your own, what do you base it on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Custom schedule in Dynasty

I usually play the same schedule as in real life, except when a FCS team is scheduled, i usually switch them out with a little bit better opponent
Old 07-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic
I usually play the same schedule as in real life, except when a FCS team is scheduled, i usually switch them out with a little bit better opponent
Same. The real out-of-conference schedules are often posted somewhere on the internet. For Michigan State, there are games already scheduled all the way out to 2019.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
Rookie

NYYankees42's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic
yea i was doing this too, i guess i just wanted to know if other people did it another way
Old 07-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Dunsavage's Arena

OVR: 0

I have done both in past versions of the game as well as with this year's game. It really depends on whether or not you want to go with realism or not. The problem is if you are a good player, but are playing with a low ranked team (such as a C-USA team or Army or whatever) and using the default schedules, you can go undefeated and not even crack the top 15 rankings. This can happen with good teams as well (i.e. Penn State), so if that matters for you I would consider changing teams around for your schedule.

As far as what to base it on, adding ranked teams is always the easiest thing to do, but you can also just add teams that you know are better than the teams currently scheduled (Michigan State > UCF).

Hope that helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #6
Rookie

NYYankees42's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunsavage
I have done both in past versions of the game as well as with this year's game. It really depends on whether or not you want to go with realism or not. The problem is if you are a good player, but are playing with a low ranked team (such as a C-USA team or Army or whatever) and using the default schedules, you can go undefeated and not even crack the top 15 rankings. This can happen with good teams as well (i.e. Penn State), so if that matters for you I would consider changing teams around for your schedule.

As far as what to base it on, adding ranked teams is always the easiest thing to do, but you can also just add teams that you know are better than the teams currently scheduled (Michigan State > UCF).

Hope that helps.
thanks for the reply, btw im playing my dynasty with memphis
Old 07-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Cornfed's Arena

OVR: 0

When playing with Iowa the only out of conference game I keep is the rivalry game with ISU. After that I pick ND and form my own Rivalry, plus they play half the BigTen anyways lol. The 3rd game I pick a top ten team to add some power to my schedule and to help knock off a potential roadblock to a better ranking towards the end of the season. For the 4th game I pick a team I have never played just to see what different stadiums and play style are like.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25

I always make my own...I never play FCS teams (pointless aside from stat padding).....Whenever possible, i always sustitute a decent team to play....And i always play a minimum of 12 games...never more/less. Make sure my home/away schedule is balanced as well (if possible).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »