Home

Official Strategy Pad Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official Strategy Pad Discussion Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Official Strategy Pad Discussion Thread

Please use this thread to discuss the new "Strategy Pad Feature."

All other threads about strategy pad discussion will be closed.

All this feature does is slow down the audible proccess and makes you have to rememorize all the audibles and hot routes over again! Not to mention the dpad on the xbox sucks!

Last edited by ChubbyBanana; 07-28-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
re: Official Strategy Pad Discussion Thread

I agree, I don't like the strategy pad as well.....if the d-pad didn't suck on the 360 it may not be so bad. Either way it seems to take me longer to adjust my offense/defense using this.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 36

In a previous EA blog, it said that it could be removed by the user (in other words it is optional). Also, Ian said on his twitter, that there will be more time to make adjustments since the CPU won't snap too early in the retail version.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
In a previous EA blog, it said that it could be removed by the user (in other words it is optional). Also, Ian said on his twitter, that there will be more time to make adjustments since the CPU won't snap too early in the retail version.
All you can remove is the Strategy pad Icon at the top of the screen...The pad is here to stay....Sadly.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Strategy pad really is a black eye on what would otherwise be a fantastic game. i like alot of the tweaks they made with the deep ball being back, the run game, etc...

However, strategy pad really brings the game down. it really takes alot out of the experience. It would be one thing if they just changed the way it was done where all that was needed was an adjustment period or learning curve. but that isnt the case.... they added extra button presses, plus you have to wait for it to allow you to go to the next step. you can not just get the adjustments into muscle memory and churn them out... you need to wait for the menu to register the next options.

Ian said that in the final build or retail game it would be ok because the CPU wouldnt snap the ball as fast... well thats all fine and dandy but im sure my online opponents wont be waiting for me to adjust to their offensive formation and movement.

I will buy the game... after trading in madden 10 after a month, because i like the madden 11 improvements. but it was REALLY hard for me to decide on buying it.... strictly because of stragey pad.

in my mind:

Madden 11, without strategy pad = 8.5 out of 10

madden 11 WITH strategy pad = 6 out of 10

its that big a deal to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 03:07 PM   #6
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

OVR: 3

can you still do quick audibles aka formation audibles?
Old 07-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaster14
Strategy pad really is a black eye on what would otherwise be a fantastic game. i like alot of the tweaks they made with the deep ball being back, the run game, etc...

However, strategy pad really brings the game down. it really takes alot out of the experience. It would be one thing if they just changed the way it was done where all that was needed was an adjustment period or learning curve. but that isnt the case.... they added extra button presses, plus you have to wait for it to allow you to go to the next step. you can not just get the adjustments into muscle memory and churn them out... you need to wait for the menu to register the next options.

Ian said that in the final build or retail game it would be ok because the CPU wouldnt snap the ball as fast... well thats all fine and dandy but im sure my online opponents wont be waiting for me to adjust to their offensive formation and movement.

I will buy the game... after trading in madden 10 after a month, because i like the madden 11 improvements. but it was REALLY hard for me to decide on buying it.... strictly because of stragey pad.

in my mind:

Madden 11, without strategy pad = 8.5 out of 10

madden 11 WITH strategy pad = 6 out of 10

its that big a deal to me
you nailed it
Old 07-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Frankstallone83 - I read in another thread you CANNOT.

I agree with the OP - I wish they'd ditch this via a patch and if that's not possible ditch it entirely for Madden 12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »