Home

Play Designer Feature?

This is a discussion on Play Designer Feature? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
Rookie

Xs n Os Cheerios's Arena

OVR: 1
Play Designer Feature?

Will this be in Madden 11? If not can you still import playbooks from PSP to PS3?

Thanks!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Play Designer Feature?

No create a play in M11
Old 08-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Most of the commonly used concepts are represented in Madden as is, so I don't really need a play designer, just a playbook editor would suit me fine. I want Split Pro, Near Pro, Far Pro, the twins versions of all of those, plus I Pro, Strong Pro, and Weak Pro, plus the twin TE versions of those sets. That would satisfy me, but nobody runs that particular combination.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

Yeah, Far and Near have never been too effective in any football game that I've ran...but they're fairly common. I love the offset I formations , and twin TE set.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
Rookie

armagedn's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm glad they've stayed away from the custom plays. I think cheesers would find someway to exploit defenses. In the mean time you can hot route each player for a "custom play"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Most of the commonly used concepts are represented in Madden as is, so I don't really need a play designer, just a playbook editor would suit me fine. I want Split Pro, Near Pro, Far Pro, the twins versions of all of those, plus I Pro, Strong Pro, and Weak Pro, plus the twin TE versions of those sets. That would satisfy me, but nobody runs that particular combination.
i agree with this. i wouldnt mind a create a play feature (similar to the last gen one), but i can get by without it. actually the same goes for playbook editor. it would be nice to create playbooks with a specific philosophy in mind, but i can get by without it. i would only ever use those 2 functions on PC anyway. doing it on 360 (or ps3) is annoying.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by armagedn
I'm glad they've stayed away from the custom plays. I think cheesers would find someway to exploit defenses. In the mean time you can hot route each player for a "custom play"
Sure, but as pointed out by adembroski, you can't hot route formations. Another problem is that Madden just doesn't have all the routes that some systems use, like Martz' system, which often times has more rounded off routes (if you look at many of his deep ins, for example, the player might take five vertical yards moving on a curve to go from running vertical to parallel with the line of scrimmage). I assume this is featured in his offense to help keep the receiver from slowing down very much during changes of direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Old 08-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #8
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

What do you mean, hot route formations?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »