Home

Grand Theft Auto V

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto V within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27
Grand Theft Auto V

I have been looking around the internet on news for the next grand theft auto on ps3/360 but the only thing I can find is a bunch of sites saying that there are rumors that gta v will be announced at the e3 conference that just past but I dont think it was because it would have been big news and everyone would be talking about it. With that said, does anyone know if and when will there be anthor gta v.

Also i loved gta 4 but it just did not feel like the other gta's. The things that made gta into what it was where the gangs, story, etc. was not in gta 5. How fun was it to go into another gangs hood and have a shootout or whatever else. The story mode was also kind of boring to me. There was no twist or turns or anything that made you want to keep playing it. I mean whats so intruging about niko findin out one of the men he was looking for was some flamboyent gay person now living the fast life. the plot did have its moments but it just didnt have the thing in story that made you say "Dam the was intresting, or wow i didnt know that was going to happen." So while the idea of the story was great, the actual story itself was not. If niko was tryin to climb his way to the top or even if the people he was looking for was somehow closer then he thought nd workin with someone of the people he was close to/were some of the people he was workin with then the story would have been a lot better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Grand Theft Auto V

While I may have a different feeling than you on the GTA IV storyline (I thought I remember it being pretty good to me) I agree that I'd love to see if there's any GTA V information out there. I've heard random rumors they may return to San Andreas for the next game but that's it.

I sort of missed the wide range of everything offered in the original San Andreas. I miss flying the huge planes, riding four wheelers through the woods, burning crops with a flame thrower, riding a bike up a mountain (and base jumping off the top). Hyrdaulics, pimping rides, wider clothing accessibility, haircuts, swimming underwater. I loved GTA IV for what it offered, but I'd love a GTA V with GTA IV quality plus all the options provided in San Andreas.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

one thing I fully expect (and hope) to make its way into GTA V is the "random encounters" that are in RDR...

Red Dead really brought that "living world" that GTA has been trying to achieve to life, and if GTA V can take the things that RDR did right and improve upon them even more... oh man its gonna be good
Old 08-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

RockStar, Blizzard, and Polyphony have to be my favorite developers. They are never satisfied with the status quo. Whenever this is released I am sure it will be bigger and better than RDR. I wouldn't expect anything less. I would love to see GTAV on PS4.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #5
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

I mean im not saying i didnt like the story line but it just didnt feel it was on the same level as the other gta's. But i still loved gta 4 for what it had to offer. Their is nothin i would want to be changed except a new city, and add some of the things that made the other gta's great.
But yea its been over two yrs since gta 4(dont seem like it has been that long). Gta 3 was came out in '01, vice city came out in '02, san andreas came out in '04 and liberty city came out in '08. So I hope we dont have to wait another 2 yrs before gta v comes out. But I think that this series has benifited from the longer development cycles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
one thing I fully expect (and hope) to make its way into GTA V is the "random encounters" that are in RDR...

Red Dead really brought that "living world" that GTA has been trying to achieve to life, and if GTA V can take the things that RDR did right and improve upon them even more... oh man its gonna be good
Weren't there a couple of random encounters in GTA4? I know the serial killer thing was random and not really part of the main storylines.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #7
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
Weren't there a couple of random encounters in GTA4? I know the serial killer thing was random and not really part of the main storylines.
yea gta4 did have them. they would pop up as little blue icons on the hud/map/radar or whatever you wanted to call them but you had to walk to them to trigger it. On RDR you would be able to see or hear the random people having trouble with something like wolves, bandits, etc.

Last edited by fatleg3; 08-15-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #8
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

have you played RDR? yeah there were a couple of "random ppl" that you could meet in GTA IV, but it pails in comparison to what RDR did (so much so that it is really an insult to compare the two)

RDR really made it feel like there was a living/breathing world happening around you (the awesome animal ecosystem helped) and did a great job letting you interact with the world

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »