Home

DeSean Jackson - Only fix to make this game perfect

This is a discussion on DeSean Jackson - Only fix to make this game perfect within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
DeSean Jackson - Only fix to make this game perfect

I played 3 games online. Two of those games my opponent used the Eagles.

The first game Giants vs Eagles:

I held the ball 28 of the 35 minutes. I lost 42 to 35. ALL of my opponents points were from kick and punt returns by Desean Jackson.

Game 2 Giants vs. Eagles:

I lost 24 to 21. All of the touchdowns scored by my opponent were Desean Jackson Punt Returns.

I understand that I can kick the ball away from him. That is not the point. Noone should be able to return the ball for a touchdown every time they touch the ball on special teams.

I want to go on the record as saying this game is pretty close to perfect Human vs. Human right out of the box. If this is the only fix that EA makes I will be entirely happy with this game.

Last edited by cherone21; 08-15-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60
re: DeSean Jackson - Only fix to make this game perfect

i think you mean desean jackson.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherone21
I played 3 games online. Two of those games my opponent used the Eagles.

The first game Giants vs Eagles:

I held the ball 28 of the 35 minutes. I lost 42 to 35. ALL of my opponents points were from kick and punt returns by Desean Jackson.

Game 2 Giants vs. Eagles:

I lost 24 to 21. All of the touchdowns scored by my opponent were Desean Jackson Punt Returns.

I understand that I can kick the ball away from him. That is not the point. Noone should be able to return the ball for a touchdown every time they touch the ball on special teams.

I want to go on the record as saying this game is pretty close to perfect Human vs. Human right out of the box. If this is the only fix that EA makes I will be entirely happy with this game.

I know you already answered your fix to this problem. So, why do you still kick to him? lol He is a monster on punt returns. I play with the Eagles in my franchise and he is always getting like 15+ on returns.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

You don't have to kick it away from him, but learn how to punt to a guy like that. Do not boom it low and out kick your coverage. He is faster and more agile than special steamers. Kick it high and make him either fair catch it, or pay the price. I have yet to have anyone return a punt on me. Because I know how to punt. Boom a 60 harder to a guy like Jackson, and you deserve to have it run back.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
You don't have to kick it away from him, but learn how to punt to a guy like that. Do not boom it low and out kick your coverage. He is faster and more agile than special steamers. Kick it high and make him either fair catch it, or pay the price. I have yet to have anyone return a punt on me. Because I know how to punt. Boom a 60 harder to a guy like Jackson, and you deserve to have it run back.
I completely agree. I have also not had a return TD on me. I am a Eagles user but I use the same depth chart as in real life, Ellis Hobbs at KR, DeSean at PR. My strategy like yours is kick is a bit higher and force him to make a forced decision. KR less of a choice but there is strats for that to, I'll keep those secret, lol. Unless you can kick it into the back of the end zone of course. With David Akers I never can though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
Rookie

TheFuture94's Arena

OVR: 5

He's the best punt returner in the league. Kick away from him.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I think you're still missing the point here.

Not every punt is returnable for a TD (irl), even if you do slightly outkick your coverage, not every punt is going to go back. Maybe a big return, but not a TD 100% of the time, which is what the game is saying.

I can't remember what year (it was 08 or 09) but they FINALLY got punt returns perfect. They were garbage before and it was that lone year that they were perfect. Now they're just garbage again.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If he is constantly out kicking his gunners, then a guy like Jackson will have an easy chance to bring it down. In real life it doesn't happen every time because teams put more hang time on their kicks when a guy like Jackson or Hester is back. If they tried kicking for distance, then those guys could easily return all of them.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »