Home

Season Showdown??

This is a discussion on Season Showdown?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OkieTC's Arena

OVR: 4
Season Showdown??

I am not a big fan of SS, but I think I would like the fact that it penalizes me for running up the score...except, why does it start so early?? I play 8 min quarters on AA, and 2 minutes into the 2nd quarter, it starts warning me about running up the score!! C'mon. If we can't turn this off, can't we at least have the running up the score crap not start til the 4th qt? I had gotten ahead with 2 pick 6's and a punt return TD, so I hardly had any offense. So...for the rest of the game I can't pass, even on 3rd and long? CRAZY!! I just ignore it now and run my offense, but I still feel bad for the negative points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
Rookie

LSUF4N's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Season Showdown??

I agree i think its the most useless "feature" in the game. Id rather do mascot games than season showdown. It should not be in next game or at least have an option to turn it off.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:00 AM   #3
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

Yeah, it aggravates me as well. When it's 3rd and long, you're going to pass, whether you're ahead, and obviously going to win, or if you are down.

I could understand if it gave you warnings, and eventual negative points if you were throwing 30 and 40 yard passes when you're up by 20 or 30, but just passing to get the 1st down is playing the game of football!
Old 08-18-2010, 12:50 AM   #4
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

OVR: 3

Yea it's annoying. They need to completely change how it goes. Passing shouldn't be negative if:

It's 3rd and long.
It's an occasional short pass between runs.
It's not until midway through the 3rd.
You have your backup out there.
EDIT: Another thing... If they're going to give you negative sportsmanship points for passing they should give you positive points for running. Got -50 for a short pass, 0 for running. Finally got 80 whenever I took a knee.

I think I've gotten like -250 from trying to pass on a 3rd and 20. But if you run and get nowhere you got Kirk calling you a terrible coach for running instead of passing.

There's times I'll just take the three and out then punt because I don't want negative points. If I really want to pass on a team (usually if their CB is outmatched and I want to boost WR/QB stats) and I lose a significant amount of sportsmanship points I'll just milk the system for extra Sportsmanship points the next game where I'm ahead by a lot early.

Last edited by ttech10; 08-18-2010 at 03:35 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:46 AM   #5
Rookie

OkieTC's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttech10
Yea it's annoying. They need to completely change how it goes. Passing shouldn't be negative if:

It's 3rd and long.
It's an occasional short pass between runs.
It's not until midway through the 3rd.
You have your backup out there.
EDIT: Another thing... If they're going to give you negative sportsmanship points for passing they should give you positive points for running. Got -50 for a short pass, 0 for running. Finally got 80 whenever I took a knee.

I think I've gotten like -250 from trying to pass on a 3rd and 20. But if you run and get nowhere you got Kirk calling you a terrible coach for running instead of passing.

There's times I'll just take the three and out then punt because I don't want negative points. If I really want to pass on a team (usually if their CB is outmatched and I want to boost WR/QB stats) and I lose a significant amount of sportsmanship points I'll just milk the system for extra Sportsmanship points the next game where I'm ahead by a lot early.
Thats what I used to do. But now I just completely ignore SS. If I want to throw, then I throw. I run more with a lead, but sometimes the defense has 9 guys at the line of scrimmage, keying on the run, so I audible to a pass. Its like they know I have to run, so they key on it. Screw them!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 08:48 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

you get points for chew clock on screens and runs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »