Home

Now I know how Boise State/TCU feels...

This is a discussion on Now I know how Boise State/TCU feels... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Now I know how Boise State/TCU feels...

In my current 1st year dynasty with Virginia Tech, I am going into my last game of the season against 3-8 UVa in the Battle for the Commonwealth cup, we are ranked #4 and are 11-0.

I just defeated #18 Miami in their home 27-23 after a 32 yard touchdown strike to Danny Coale with 18 seconds left in the game. Score was 20-16, and they scored on a 4 minute td drive after a toss to Cooper for 6 to make it 20-23, Miami with :56 seconds left. I drive the field and cap off the drive with a touchdown and I stop Miami short on my own 13 yard line from pulling off the comeback... #1 classic game, received score of 1207. I finally believe I have the PERFECT mix of sliders. Jacory Harris threw for 356 yards and 1 td. Cooper rushed for 102 on 24 carries. Tyrod Taylor had 240 yards and 2 tds. Ryan Williams went 109 yards on 21 carries for 1 td.

Anyways, back on topic. Alabama is #1, Wisconsin is #2, and Washington is #3. Wisc and Wash both have ****ty schedules, yet they stayed ahead of me. In my season I beat Boise State, GT, and Miami, but yet I stay at #4. Will beating UVa and playing in the ACC Championship game be enough to slip me into the National Championship game, or will I get screwed like Boise State/TCU?? Thoughts?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Now I know how Boise State/TCU feels...

You'll get screwed. For some reason, SOS doesn't seem to mean anything in the polls this year, as I've been jumped by Washington with VT after beating a ranked team, when they beat some scrub school.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 08-18-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

In real life, schedule strength doesn't matter. But when you beat ranked teams, it obviously helps. I think you'll be screwed.

Colts: 0-0
Fightin' Irish: 0-0
Leafs: 0-0

Follow me on Twitter for some good lol'z
Old 08-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9

You may get lucky and get in.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:14 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 11

You will be screwed unless two of the top teams lose.

Side Note: Alabama lost to South Carolina in the SEC championship in my first year, so you may have a chance there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #6
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

I think you mean how Boise/tcu/Utah feel
Old 08-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #7
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeskCoder
You will be screwed unless two of the top teams lose.

Side Note: Alabama lost to South Carolina in the SEC championship in my first year, so you may have a chance there.

This is true, but if so, that means washington and wisconsin will move up (unless washington's conference plays for a championship, which i think they do not). I am hoping and praying that either team will fall in this finaly week. I will find out later tonight. Regardless, I have done all that I possibly can to get there. Atleast I should have a shot at the ACC championship (looks like I will be playing Christian Ponder and the 'Noles, should be a barn burner. As it sits, I am playing Ohio State in the Orange Bowl (which is still a prestigious bowl to be in, but damn, undefeated and #4???)

Old 08-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colter
In real life, schedule strength doesn't matter. But when you beat ranked teams, it obviously helps. I think you'll be screwed.
Strength of schedule does matter in the BCS rankings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »